Pregnant Ragdoll Day 57

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Couple of changes this morning. Khali doesn't want the dogs near her, very unusual as she usually seems to think she's one of them! She's been in and out of all the nests I've set up all night and morning so far. Late last night I thought the contractions had started but I guess it must have been Braxton hicks because that's stopped. Small dots of milk appearing on her nipples and her boobs are full. Poor girl is so uncomfortable!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
IF its Braxton Hicks, the delivery isnt immediate.

and of course, if she doesnt want the dogs near, dont let them.
Moms peace of mind comes always first!

Even if its a little peculiar, if they are best friends she would usually accept their comforting and company. Some dogs are even good at co-parenting.

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As soon as she started reacting to the dogs I confined them to downstairs. Khali can get down to them if she wants to but they can't go up to her.
The Braxton hicks went on for about 3 hours last night but nothing so far this morning.
At least I know the babies are safe to be born now so I'll be as happy as Khali when they arrive. So excited, I can't wait!

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pretty much exactly the same lol. She came back downstairs to cuddle the dogs for a while, then had a wee in each of their beds haha and waddled back off to my room. She's clearly uncomfortable and still cleaning herself a lot but no signs of labour actually starting yet.

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, and she's had 3 poos today but usually a once a day girl. The last one and half the second one quite sloppy.

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
4 now.

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And now she's eating so either finished or having a break. Bless her she's done so well, all 4 are nursing now while she's filling up. I can't believe she didn't wake me up lol, I swore she'd be a screamer!

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my word! 5 and 6 just came out almost straight after each other! I'm so proud of Khali, not a sound out of her with any and she's doing amazingly well dealing with them all :goldstar:

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I *think* she's done now. 6 beautiful healthy little wrigglers. Heaviest is 102g, 4 between 90g-100g and just one little one at 76g. Little one is latched on with the rest and feeding heartily. Khali is happily cleaning them all in a nice fresh bed. So so happy, she's such a brave, clever girl.

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha I love how smug she looks! She's so happy, hasn't stopped purring throughout the birth and now nursing, excuse the placenta dribble below her chin haha

GlitterKittie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha I love how smug she looks! She's so happy, hasn't stopped purring throughout the birth and now nursing, excuse the placenta dribble below her chin haha
Well she handled the whole affair like a champ so she is entitled to a little placenta dribble. Yes totally smug and beautiful. I’m so glad everything has gone well

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I must admit, after everything I read on here and elsewhere, I'm shocked and relieved at such a big but healthy litter for a young, first time mum. I'll be keeping a close eye on them all, weighing daily etc. I know there's risks of losses after birth too so I'll be watching for anyone falling behind.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations AmyQ! Khali is a champion, a young first time mom doing everything right without any assistance. With 6 babies Khali and you will be busy watching the little ones' progress. Wishing you the best. :redheartpump::clap2:

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you both. She's a natural, she's so content and I just saw her push 'little one' (as he/She will forever be known lol) to a nipple! I've left them to it for a while, I don't think I need to worry too much thank goodness.
Sounds like her latent Mummy instincts have kicked in which is most helpful. Good you have started weighing already, especially with one tiny baby. Hope all continues well and Congratulations:)
Congratulations AmyQ! Khali is a champion, a young first time mom doing everything right without any assistance. With 6 babies Khali and you will be busy watching the little ones' progress. Wishing you the best. :redheartpump::clap2: