Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
28519C6A-C550-4A41-A2D8-B13579154714.jpeg
0C3E9D3C-DA08-4AB5-9238-97A9ED02A6EC.jpeg
C99C3B87-B333-4A7C-955E-C9DF7D20AB64.jpeg
733E90C3-1ACA-4D37-83A0-D1231E4CF416.jpeg
72C72B37-964B-4F8A-9A73-15B2303D5F42.jpeg
Before I say anything further I just want to mention that I will be taking her to see a vet when I have a day off work to get her belly checked out but that’s going to take a few days.
Now I don’t think she’s pregnant, but because she doesn’t look like she’s spayed and was outside so it’s better to know. We rescued this girl a few days ago, someone had dumped her in a grocery store parking lot, and we believe she was dumped because she’s an absolute sweetheart. She’s sweet and cuddly and playful, we don’t think she’s that old yet.
Like I said before since we did find her outside and don’t know her story I’ve been keeping an eye on her belly, but honestly I don’t have any other female cats (other than a feral who doesn’t let us touch her and a 5 month old kitten) to compare nipples with as weird as that sounds haha.
I have pictures provided of her belly, well the best pictures I can get with my terrible camera. She also has a bit of s belly but it could also potentially be worms.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
They seem a bit swollen and perky but what do I know, they could be completely normal for an adult cat. I just know that they look different than my female kitten, but there’s a pretty big age difference haha. I’ve never actually had a pregnant cat before, just one that we thought was pregnant but turns out it was a false pregnancy.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Nala is beautiful! I think she looks pregnant as well. Especially since she’s an outdoor cat who hasn’t been spayed. Cats are very prolific breeders. Your vet will be able to confirm for you.

How To Tell If My Cat Is Pregnant?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is likely pregnant. Feed her well and keep us posted. Thanks for taking her in. :)

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone, I’m going to call my vet today to see when I can bring her in to get her belly checked. I’ve done it before hopefully they’ll do it for me this time. I agree she looks very young, I don’t think she’s even a year old yet. She eats well, poor thing was starving when we found her.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to let you know, that it is perfectly safe to have her spayed now even if she’s pregnant, if you’re comfortable with this. Especially that it’s possible she’s still a kitten

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just to let you know, that it is perfectly safe to have her spayed now even if she’s pregnant, if you’re comfortable with this. Especially that it’s possible she’s still a kitten
Oh yes I totally know that, I’d like a vet’s opinion on what would be best for her. I’m not against terminating the kittens since there’s such an overpopulation of cats and kittens, and if, since she’s so young, having kittens would put her in danger or anything that will have to be our option.

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
We went to the vet today and Nala is pregnant, they said she’s about 4 weeks into her pregnancy and there’s almost a definite of 4 kittens and possibly up to 6. If I remember I’ll update anyone interested when she has her babies!

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
05EE2AF7-9F7F-4EC7-8081-C2BED2D2003E.jpeg
10ADDC29-1A4F-461A-A569-AFB7BABE5396.jpeg
Hi BlazenlyObvious, how is Nala getting on?
She’s doing wonderful You can really see her belly and sometimes we can see a baby kick. My boyfriend and I placed guesses on when she’d have her kittens, I guessed the 30th and he guessed the 8th of October haha!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks so thin except for her belly! Does she eat well?
In my observations with my own kitty cats, they tend to be more thin when they are unfixed and become little chunkers after they get spayed/neutered.

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
She looks so thin except for her belly! Does she eat well?
She eats very well, and she has put on some weight since we rescued her. She’s still young (vet said not even a year old yet) too

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
I promised I would update! So this morning around 10:30 she started leaking bloody fluid, so we made an appointment for a vet to see her to make sure everything was okay and to give us an estimate on when she’d go into labor.
Not even an hour after that call the first kitten was born. She was pacing and meowing like crazy, and we had to assist with the first two kittens because she wasn’t doing anything with them. She was freaking out because they were hanging out of her, and she just kept spinning around trying to see it. She finally found a good nesting spot (the bottom drawer of our dresser) and has 6 kittens total (1 was stillborn)!!!
06FD6892-2D85-4A64-A3D7-63BAEED8B4D5.jpeg

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, how is the little family doing? So sorry about the little one that did not make it.

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, how is the little family doing? So sorry about the little one that did not make it.
They’re doing wonderful! We buried the stillborn with our other rescues who unfortunately passed away in the past.
At first Nala wasn’t really sure what she was doing but now she is spending more time with them and was sleeping with them earlier. She’s a good mom, and they all seem happy and healthy.
I don’t know for absolute sure but the two tan kittens look to be male and the three grey kittens (one looks like a tabby, the others look sort of like diluted torties but I’ll know better when they get a little older) look to all be females.
We want to make the two males Nemo and Todd. We have two names picked out for the females, Tiana and Kiara. Still thinking of a third name.