Pregnant Or Not?

Trishb07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wondering if my cats pregnant she seems to have big nipples but i dont know how they are suppose to look they dont have milk coming out. She got out a month ago and came back smelling like spray thinking maybe she was raped . She hasn't been out since . And doesnt want out. Shes a bit bigger not sure. Picture are hard to tell

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes prob preg,

If you dont wish the kittens a spay abortion isnt difficult yet,
Speaking medically.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Trishb07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes prob preg,

If you dont wish the kittens a spay abortion isnt difficult yet,
Speaking medically.
Can they spay while pregnant or how long after

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They can do a spay/abort now, but do it soon because it gets more complicated later on. If you want her to have the kittens, she can be spayed when they're about 8-9 weeks old.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes they can spay. If you want to spay her make the call to the vet very soon. Tell them just what you told us- she got out a month ago and you think she might be pregnant. They'll tell you if you should schedule a spay or if they want to see her for a general visit before scheduling the spay.

The earlier the better. The later in the term it could be more expensive and complicated. My vet who does my ferals won't do a spay/ abort if it's very close to delivery. But at the one month point you can do it- just needs to be done soon.

Trishb07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes they can spay. If you want to spay her make the call to the vet very soon. Tell them just what you told us- she got out a month ago and you think she might be pregnant. They'll tell you if you should schedule a spay or if they want to see her for a general visit before scheduling the spay.

The earlier the better. The later in the term it could be more expensive and complicated. My vet who does my ferals won't do a spay/ abort if it's very close to delivery. But at the one month point you can do it- just needs to be done soon.

So its not normal for the nipples to be pointy

Trishb07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Trishb07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So the nipples are suppose to be pointy they should be flat if she was jot not pregnant

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think she is most likely pregnant, especially since she was recently outside. This article lists for more signs to look for: How To Tell If My Cat Is Pregnant?

Cat pregnancy lasts 64 days, on average. So, if she mated a month ago, that would put her at roughly the half way point.

As my fellow posters have said, it is possible to spay her now, but the pregnancy will be terminated. Otherwise, you can spay her after the kittens are weaned.

Trishb07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think she is most likely pregnant, especially since she was recently outside. This article lists for more signs to look for: How To Tell If My Cat Is Pregnant?

Cat pregnancy lasts 64 days, on average. So, if she mated a month ago, that would put her at roughly the half way point.

As my fellow posters have said, it is possible to spay her now, but the pregnancy will be terminated. Otherwise, you can spay her after the kittens are weaned.

Trishb07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok thanks theres no other signs just the nipples and a bit of exrta weight. Shes had weight on and off i always thought she must be pregnant then no kittens ever. But ill keep my eye out and get her to the vet soon and see what the deal

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to tell by the nipples right now. BUT, since she got out a month ago, and isn't spayed, she probably is pregnant. Any unspayed cat who is around a tomcat this time of year is going to be pregnant. Cats are very fertile and this is the peak of mating season.

Trishb07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok thanks theres no other signs just the nipples and a bit of exrta weight. Shes had weight on and off i always thought she must be pregnant then no kittens ever. But ill keep my eye out and get her to the vet soon and see what the deal

Trishb07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was accepted for spay and nueter program but expires march 31 so i was hoping if she qas pregnant i could get her done after but doesnt look like both spay and pregnancy can happen with the timing. She wont let me feel her tummy shes kicks my hand away everytime lol

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well. . .they CAN spay her when the kittens are young, but you run the risk that she'll stop nursing them. Some cats will keep nursing even with a spay incision but some won't. And then you'd have to bottlefeed them.

If that's the only option for her to be spayed, go ahead with it, but tell them she's nursing. They may be able to do the surgery a little differently so that the kittens don't bother the incision.

Trishb07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is what her belly is looking like
Wondering if my cats pregnant she seems to have big nipples but i dont know how they are suppose to look they dont have milk coming out. She got out a month ago and came back smelling like spray thinking maybe she was raped . She hasn't been out since . And doesnt want out. Shes a bit bigger not sure. Picture are hard to tell
Oh ok well ill take her in and see what they can do thanks for the help

Trishb07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is what my cats belly is looking like when laying down

Attachments

Trishb07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help my cat have birth last night she fed them but when I left she left and wont stay with them only if I'm there she will let them feed I have to move them towards her. She just wants to cuddle with me and 8 cant sit with her downstairs . Should I move them closer to me or just go down every few hours and force her to feed