Pregnant or just weird?

Jylenn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, all! Thought I’d get some other opinions here.

My cat has turned into an escape artist (partly with the help of our autistic boys). We were planning on having her spayed but then corona happened and everything shut down and she didn’t go into heat. (I think April, but could have been May. Sleep is a rare thing in my household and it fuzzes the memory).

anyway, we suspect she got knocked up. She definitely wasn’t in heat last month. And has been looking for hidey holes (more than usual), has nipples that are obvious (which she didn’t have before, complete with fur missing around at least 2 nipples), and has been having severe mood swings. Again, more so than usual. (She’s always been a fickle cat).

The most amusing part is she keeps trying to drag off the older kitten and another cat (who is 2 and spayed lol). She’s also taken offense to another female we’ve been babysitting for someone else. Not fighting, but she hisses at the other cat and swats at her.

All that is pretty normal for a pregnant cat, but she’s been chatty, rolling around, and trilling more than usual that last few days. Most pregnant cats I’ve been around don’t act like that! And I grew up with plenty of pregnant cats.

Any theories? She’s not in pain, eats like a pig, drinks water, and it otherwise a normal cat. And no, a vet bill for an otherwise unnecessary visit isn’t on the plate. I’d rather just wait another month to be sure and schedule her being spayed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jylenn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, y’all!
Millie isn’t even “showing” and I can’t feel anything though I have noticed she sits more “frog like” (her legs to the side). She also made some tsking-ish sounds when I let her into our closet (I have a few different safe places for her there). First time I’ve heard a cat do that!

She’s long with long fur on her belly (she shrinks A LOT when I’ve given her a bath).
This is a pic of her from June 26th

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do plan to spay your cat about 8 weeks after she gives birth, and do not let her outside or around intact males until then.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jylenn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do plan to spay your cat about 8 weeks after she gives birth, and do not let her outside or around intact males until then.
The plan is to spay her after she has the kittens, if she’s pregnant. And we have a friend who runs a non-profit rescue who will help depending on if she has more than one.

It had been the original plan but best laid plans and all that.