Pregnant Or Bloated?

SARA14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, I recently opened this account because I need you guises help. I have a cat named Brownie. I think she is pregnant but recently her stomach has gotten really hard. She follows me everywhere and wants to be constantly outside. Please help me out. I don’t know how many weeks she’s is pregnant IF she is pregnant. I am looking for answers ASAP if that is possible. Thank you, SARA14

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If she isn't spayed and has access to males, she is most likely pregnant. Cats are very fertile and it only takes a moment. Your vet would be able to confirm. If the vet says she isn't pregnant you could schedule her spay appointment now so that you don't have to worry about it.

How old is she?

If she is younger you may want to consider getting her spayed and terminating the pregnancy. Pregnancy is hard on young cats bodies and we often see problems with young mother's. Please do get her spayed once the kittens are weaned if she is pregnant and you don't want to terminate the pregnancy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SARA14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is about 2 yrs old. I sure will get her sprayed after she gives birth! I was worried that she is just bloated. If she is pregnant she should be due in a week or two right? She has been like that for about 5 weeks.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cat gestation is usually 63 to 65 days, given some time before you noticed, yes probably about two weeks. You should notice or feel movement soon.

If you don't notice movement or have kittens within those two weeks, a vet appointment would be in order. Or if she has other troublesome symptoms. It could be something else going on. Pregnancy is just the most likely for an unspayed female with access to males.

SARA14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all your help. I will keep you updated within 2-3 weeks if she gives birth. IF she doesn’t (hopefully she will) I will then take her to the vet.

SARA14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does she look pregnant to you?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you felt kittens moving in her stomach?

She needs to stay 100% inside until she is spayed. Can you make sure she stays in?

SARA14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will try to but I go to work and my mom or grandma keep opening the door and she keeps going outside. No I can’t feel any kittens in her stomach. ( I only put my handmade on her stomach because I am afraid I will hit then kittens if I press hard). But I will try to make sure that she says inside for about 2-3 weeks

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She needs to stay inside for the next two months. Absolutely no outside time until she can be spayed.

Can she stay in your room where she can be contained? Her life could quite seriously depend on it.

You won’t hurt the kittens by putting your hand on her stomach. You should be able to feel kicking. Please let us know if you don’t.

SARA14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What is the safest way to feel the kittens in her stomach?

SARA14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I put my hand on her stomach there is little kicks. But not really active moving in her stomach.

SARA14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also what uf I DONT feel kicking. Then what should I do?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just rest your hand on her stomach. If you feel kicking, you can definitely confirm she is pregnant. Keep her in, and provide nests as options for her.

SARA14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, I was laying down in my bed with my pregnant cat and she keeps on going to the ground.. sleeping a while then climbing back onto the bed and sleeping more. I don’t know what is going on. Can anyone help?

SARA14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She also keeps on making whimpering sounds. As well as switching positions really often

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she may be in labor and is in pain from contractions.

Do you know how far along she is?

Have you made a nest for her?

SARA14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is on her last week of pregnancy I think. Yes I have made a nest for her. She loves to sit on cardboard so I got a long box for her and put some towels to make it softer for her and the kittens.