Pregnant or a false pregnancy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rex12345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys it’s me again, mother cat will feed the baby and clean it and stimulates it to toilet, she then will leave it whilst it’s sleeping and has a nap on our bed or couch as soon as the bay starts crying she runs over to it and snuggles in is this normal? Or should I be worried

Attachments

kittiefoster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The problem is the mama kitty is supposed to keep the baby warm... Most of the time if they are cold they will cry and the mama will come, but if I don't wake up and cry and they are cold they can easily get a low battery temperature and die most kittens will huddle with the other kittens to keep warm but since there are no other kittens either mama or you have to be in charge of keeping the kitten warm, you can use a heating pad set on low with a towel or two over it, and have an area where if it gets too warm he can crawl off of it, hopefully mom will start sleeping with the baby to keep it warm once she has a little bit of time to catch up on rest :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s normal for mom to take breaks, but as stated, do make sure the kitten is warm.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Excellent weight! Kittens should weigh 8 ounces at 14 days; 12 at 3 weeks; and a pound at 4 weeks. Your little guy weighs 8 ounces already at 9 days. He’s a healthy little chunky boy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rex12345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is now 16 days old, he is becoming very naughty/ cheeky I’m not sure when they’re supposed to walk confidently by them selves but this cheeky monkey is walking out he’s pen and trying to explore, should I be putting him back or let him explore for a few minutes. He’s a picture below after plenty of milk

Attachments

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as you are watching him and you have kitten proofed careful it’s okay to let him out to explore for a bit. He is reaching the age where he needs more room and more stimulation. You can try setting some toys near his pen and that may keep him occupied but within a couple weeks you will need to give him a
larger area to live in.