Pregnant Olivia

cyn_meneses14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, so I’m new to this so please be kind and refrain from any judgement. Ok so last year I adopted a kitten from a kitty rescue. She wasn’t fixed when I adopted her and tbh I was in no rush to get her fixed. Reasons being..she hated the outside and we have no male cats. (Silly me I know) ..first night of her heat around 01/09 she escaped ! (not accurate date..could have been a few days prior or after) ..we searched for her and for weeks and couldn’t find her. Just last week she showed up early in the morning and it is very apparent our Olivia is pregnant. Just yesterday her behavior changed. She retreated to our closet instead of sleeping on our bed (she has a blanket she loves to suck on) ..when she came out her eyes were extremely watery and she was sneezing so much. I cleaned her eyes as best as possible w chamomile tea. Her eyes have cleared up, however she only came out once to eat, drink, use the restroom, and ask for a chin rub. She retreated right back to the closet and has been asleep the whole day. I’m extremely worried and anxious. Any advice or similar stories would be most comforting at this time.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So, you let her out and now she is pregnant. She sounds about 2 weeks or less from having kittens. She will bear kittens when she is ready. Do not let her out at all or around intact males again until she is spayed.

If she has an upper respiratory infection you need to get her seen for antibiotics so the kittens to be born do not catch it. Mom needs to be well. I suggest a vet check pronto so that mom is cleared or given the meds she needs before birthing. Can you do this? It would be best right away. Keep us posted.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!
Do you have a vet you can call and get her in to be checked? The retreating, constant sneezing and watery eyes are something that needs a vet's attention.

If you want to look into cat only vets, here a link to search for one in your area. Just be sure you choose "Feline Only" in the Practice Type Drop Down menu.

Find a Veterinarian and Practice | The Cat Community

Maybe something here might help as well, just in case;
Financial Aid for Pets

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

About Waggle | Vet Financial Assistance | Financial Aid For Pets

5 Ways to Pay for Vet Costs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cyn_meneses14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!
Do you have a vet you can call and get her in to be checked? The retreating, constant sneezing and watery eyes are something that needs a vet's attention.

If you want to look into cat only vets, here a link to search for one in your area. Just be sure you choose "Feline Only" in the Practice Type Drop Down menu.

Find a Veterinarian and Practice | The Cat Community

Maybe something here might help as well, just in case;
Financial Aid for Pets

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

About Waggle | Vet Financial Assistance | Financial Aid For Pets

5 Ways to Pay for Vet Costs
Thank you ..appreciate the help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cyn_meneses14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her vet she usually sees has been out. Returns Monday. Will call around to get her in sooner.