Pregnant Mama

How many babies do you think are in there?

• 4 or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time to kitten proof your room. First thing get all the heavy things out of there, they'll be climbing and shoving things off before you know it. Then get the electric cords covered and secured. Check to be sure there are no holes in the walls, closets are particularly bad about hiding such things. Get all the shoes under cover, in a box, a shoe falling on a kitten can injure them.

You and Mama cat are no longer in control of the kittens. Though a larger playpen might help, if Mom cat likes it.

The Brits discovered that cats can hear the electricity moving through wires, this may be bothering Mom with the kits up and moving. She may not have thought of it before but now considers it a threat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Time to kitten proof your room. First thing get all the heavy things out of there, they'll be climbing and shoving things off before you know it. Then get the electric cords covered and secured. Check to be sure there are no holes in the walls, closets are particularly bad about hiding such things. Get all the shoes under cover, in a box, a shoe falling on a kitten can injure them.

You and Mama cat are no longer in control of the kittens. Though a larger playpen might help, if Mom cat likes it.

The Brits discovered that cats can hear the electricity moving through wires, this may be bothering Mom with the kits up and moving. She may not have thought of it before but now considers it a threat.
Wow that electricity thing is really interesting! I hope this expansion helps. I will definitely be baby proofing, cause I know they will want out of there bigger area soon.

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also took the very big water bowl out after about 5 minutes cause one of the babies decided to just sit in it completely lol

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats really like water. It's best to use bowls the kittens can stand up in with the water touching their stomachs. That said, when Sweet Gum was a couple of months old she ran through the house with her eyes closed. Always, don't know why. We had a large dog bowl several feet in diameter, actually a planter for trees because the dog liked to sit in it, I think the cool water helped her arthritis. Anyway, SG was charging down the hall, veered, leapt, hit the rim of the dog bowl (about a foot up) landed on her back in the water and pretty much levitated out on the other side.

She kept her eyes open for running after that. But she drank out of the dog bowl several times a day. No fear there.

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all, long time no see. I wanted to give a final update for the babies. Mama was spayed and given back to her original owner. All of her babies have also been neutered and vaccinated and adopted! They are now in their forever homes. Thank you for all the help during this process! We named the babies, Peep, Josie, Lizzie, Bat Cat (big ears), Chub and Bear