Pregnant Mama

How many babies do you think are in there?

• 4 or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does not look to be in any type of distress from that video to me at all. sleeping rather peacefully in my opinion. I am not seeing any "shivering" movements, she looks to me to be sleeping comfortably and the movements are her breathing. You have got to remember, she is pregnant and those kittens are pressing up against her ribcage so her breathing naturally will be a little labored. Not unlike we humans as well at the end of a pregnancy. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She does not look to be in any type of distress from that video to me at all. sleeping rather peacefully in my opinion. I am not seeing any "shivering" movements, she looks to me to be sleeping comfortably and the movements are her breathing. You have got to remember, she is pregnant and those kittens are pressing up against her ribcage so her breathing naturally will be a little labored. Not unlike we humans as well at the end of a pregnancy. :)
You are right. Today is Monday, and we still have no babies. I know they are coming soon. Her belly is rock hard, all weekend, she has been walking around the room, looking for places into places she doesn’t belong! She seems very uncomfortable these past couple days, in the sense that she is always getting up, moving, laying down, getting up, moving, laying down and so on. Also yesterday she was carrying around a cat toy like it was a baby, which I thought was really weird.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she chosen the place she wants to give birth in, a birthing box, quiet place in a closet, etc. Sounds like she is looking for a birthing place. Has she chosen her spot?
The carrying around of a toy is nothing to be concerned about.

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has she chosen the place she wants to give birth in, a birthing box, quiet place in a closet, etc. Sounds like she is looking for a birthing place. Has she chosen her spot?
The carrying around of a toy is nothing to be concerned about.
No! She has 4 places I’ve set up for her, and she doesn’t really lay in any of them. She lays on the floor 3/4 of the time, or in the window (I have a shelf there)

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So on Thursday, it will be 2 weeks since I picked her up. This also means it will have been atleast 2 weeks of the babies moving in there. Should I worry if she hasn’t had them by then? Or give them a couple more days?

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you know how many days into her pregnancy she is at this point? If she is not in any distress, is healthy, now doing anything that might be "alarming or of concern", More that likely nature is going to take its course and everything will be fine, she will deliver when she is supposed to. I know it is nerve wracking. When my Suzie gave birth, she was an experienced mama so I knew that she had everything under control. You have not mentioned that she has thrown up yet, so if and when that happens, stay tuned to her!;) A queen throwing up at the end of her pregnancy is absolutely normal!!

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No I don’t. She is a foster, so I only know anything from the day I picked her up. No she hasn’t thrown up yet! I just fed her soft food and she gobbled the whole thing up! She’s so big. She just woddles around now, it’s so funny. I know she’s sick of being so big, I can only imagine being like that for so long.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There may be pros and contras re doing something. But most often its the best to wait it out (unless clearly in emergency).

Its not ironclad, I have seen examples when it would be wiser to make a cesarean quicker. But as said, 19 of 20 times better to wait.
Kittens dont manage well to be premature, and thus, a too early cesaren is disastrous for them.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any chance of a veterinarian consultation? He/she might be able to give a better estimate of her time to deliver.

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any chance of a veterinarian consultation? He/she might be able to give a better estimate of her time to deliver.
She is going to the vet tomorrow for her worms, so I will ask them tomorrow!

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mama is suddenly laying in one of her nesting spots, yay! Hopefully babies soon.

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ugh guys.. mama just went to the bathroom and she has blood in her poop.. she goes to the vet tomorrow. I hope everything is alright

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Question! Mama (we have finally named her Bella) has been laying in her nesting box, on her back all day. Could that just be a relieving position for her and her belly? Or maybe signs of being uncomfortable?

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How's it going? Did you take her to the dr?
Things are good! Still no babies. Yes I didn’t take her to the doctor, and they dewormed her. I think she’s really close. I have noticed a little bit of discharge, which I’m assuming is a good sign. She’s also been laying in her nesting box a lot more.

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To be honest, no he didn’t say much. We kind of just wanted to get her in and out to reduce stress on her. Since she’s a foster through my local SPCA, I wasn’t able to go back with her for her exam.. but they didn’t seem too alarmed about anything!

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And for anyone wondering with the picture, yes, she picked the spot next to her litter to lay most of the time. It is a covered litter, and scooped daily. And she also has a smaller litter on the other side of the room (seen in the other picture) and she only pees in. Her bigger litter has Tidy Cats and the smaller one has wood pellets (made for horses originally)