Pregnant Mama

How many babies do you think are in there?

• 4 or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mamas so big that her bag legs splay outward like a pigeon haha she’s really playful, and wants out of the bedroom really bad. Unfortunately I can’t let her out because I have other cats, but it’s interesting to see her sudden interest in wanting to leave the room.

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good morning. No babies yet. They are still moving around in there! Some movement near her armpit, and other movement in between her knees (they’re all over in there) she’s eating and grooming a lot! She also still has diarrhea (formed soft poop)

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can grooming excessively be a sign of labor? Or is that just a sign of pregnancy all together? She’s been grooming her belly, back, legs and arms non stop.

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is a pregnancy thing, she may be close to labor if she's spending lots of time grooming her bits and lower belly. But in general obsessive grooming is something that is sometimes done during pregnancy!

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No babies yet! Still moving around in there. Her belly is really firm, I don’t really know what that means?

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like it is about time for labor. Do you know how many days ago it was that she conceived?
No! She is a foster, so I don’t know much up until the day I got her. I picked her up a week ago yesterday, and the babies were active then. So I’m guessing she’s about 9-10 weeks

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then she should be due any day now. Our experts here say that the gestation period is typically between 63 and 70 days as a rule. Any way, she definitely sounds like she is due anytime now. The soft stool, pink area around the nipples, wanting to be close to you, and lastly, my Suzie threw up a few hours before birth. When that happened, I knew it was time. My experience is with just one queen, but as you have learned, we have an excellent group of what I jokingly like to call "birthing coaches" for human cat mommas and pappas. When Suzie gave birth, it was before I even knew that TCS even existed, so you and everyone else here is so lucky to have help with this process. I would not be surprised if the "big moment" happens within the next 24 hours!;) I know you're hoping so. Won't be much longer.

Last edited:

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Then she should be due any day now. Our experts here say that the gestation period is typically between 63 and 70 days as a rule. Any way, she definitely sounds like she is due anytime now. The soft stool, pink area around the nipples, wanting to be close to you, and lastly, my Suzie threw up a few hours before birth. When that happened, I knew it was time. My experience is with just one queen, but as you have learned, we have an excellent group of what I jokingly like to call "birthing coaches" for human cat mommas. When Suzie gave birth, it was before I even knew that TCS even existed, so you and everyone else here is so lucky to have help with this process. I would not be surprised if the "big moment" happens within the next 24 hours!;) I know you're hoping so. Won't be much longer.
Thank you for the kind words!! Grateful for people like you!

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I run my fingers along her belly, I can feel baby heads and body parts without them even moving. They’re so crammed in there!

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
what is this weird shivering thing? I’m also noticing she’s tensing a lot. I don’t know if you can see it in the video!

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also update on her worms! The vet gave her baby safe dewormer, so hopefully she won’t have to be worrying about them any longer :)

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mama is drinking ALOT of water..

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s currently 12:30am. Mama is on my bed, tail whipping all over. Every time I try to pet her, she meows and try’s to swat at me. I looked at her vagina, and it almost looked like it was pulsating? She confuses me cause she’s up on the bed, but doesn’t wanna be touched. She’s clearly very agitated.

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Prelabor seems to be on.
It’s so funny how I have been home all week, waiting for this nugget give birth, and the one day I make plans, she decides “oh today is the day, we’re having these things.” Aha fingers crossed she waits for me. Obviously if she is showing extreme signs, I will stay home!

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No babies yet. Mama is still very lovey (with her tail whipping in the background) she has also been sleeping for 30 minutes, getting up, moving to a new spot, sleeping for 20 minutes, and so on. I haven’t noticed any discomfort or anything. There is a baby (or more than one for all I know) low between her legs, but also ones higher in the stomach. I think we have babies that are ready to go, and others who aren’t quite ready yet lol

samanthalogan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When her cervix dilates, does she show any physical signs of it? Like with contractions, they usually tense. Could her cervix be dilating right now and I don’t even know it?