Pregnant Kitty

harriet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How sad that all the kittens were lost. Do you know what happened? Did she remove the sacs as she was cleaning them up? How old a cat is she?

She can be spayed anytime and as Sandie said, cats and other creatures, bounce back from what we feel are tragedies quite well. Don't worry about a temperment change. Usually there isn't any difference. One of my spayed old girls is still head mid-wife!

This litter not making it has no affect on future litters though. Most first time mother cats are a little bewildered for the first 24 hours. I had a queen that after giving birth to her first litter of one kitten, tried to round up all my adult cats and mother them as well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunshine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the information!!

I am EXTREMELY thankful that we didn't lose her in the process. The kittens looked like they just weren't developed all the way, with the exception of one. And that one looked like he was just too tiny and skinny to survive.

As far as her age, we think she is about a year old, maybe a little older. She was a stray who's family moved away and left her behind so we took her in.

I think both my husband and myself are pretty much set on getting her fixed ASAP.It will relieve the stress and anxiety associated with her going into heat and being kept inside.

thanks again for all the info!

Jennifer