Pregnant? How many weeks?

Slater0805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello there! We have 2 cats we got as kittens right after they were weaned from a family whose local to us about 2yr ago! One boy, one girl. We planned to get the boy fixed since they're inside animals only but unfortunately all vets are about 1h away and we get a monthly travel spay/neuter vet in town which hasnt happened for awhile with covid. So Lets set lets fast forward, our girl cat(small frame) has a swollen belly now, and her nipples have definitely pinked up. We just noticed her belly being noticeably bigger without her being near us. How far along would you say shed be? I'm thinking 5/6 weeks?

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!
I have virtually no doubt that she is pregnant. Im by no means an expert so I’m not sure how far along she is. I’m sure some other people who are much more educated in this area will be along soon to help you more extensively. A picture might help :)
I would 100% recommend getting them both fixed ASAP, not just the boy :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Slater0805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
I have virtually no doubt that she is pregnant. Im by no means an expert so I’m not sure how far along she is. I’m sure some other people who are much more educated in this area will be along soon to help you more extensively. A picture might help :)
That's been the plan since before covid 😂👏🏼 then we hit covid and unfortunately no vet close to us is open for WEEKS Dx weve always kept their food bowls full same with fresh water we drink ourselves (no tap water 😂👏🏼 ) and we had noticed her puking a little more than normal. Didnt hit us until her belly got bigger. 😂👏🏼 I'm hoping it's just 1 cause we plan to keep one ♡

Slater0805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
Also, I'll definitely add pictures tomorrow! Shes not gaining weight as if she was FAT but in her upper region where it looks more on the baby side.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Slater0805 Slater0805 I’m pretty sure vomiting isn’t a sign of pregnancy in cats :) if you have a male and a female who are both not fixed, you can pretty much assume that she’s pregnant.
Please keep us updated! 🤗

Slater0805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats do vomit in early pregnancy. What city and state are you in? I’ll find a clinic for you to get your guy neutered. Brother/sister mating can result in genetic defects.
We know about the defects part :( my parents NEVER neutered/spayed animals and I've seen results of multi birth defects of same genetics...my dog was the only one fixed cause I am pretty firm in that 😂 and we have 3 clinics around us about 30mins-1h each. Weve already talked to all of them hun..most arent accepting right now and they have upcharge small town pricing. We have to wait for the travel vet to visit again 😥 Not saying we dont have money to care for our animals but we also have 3 soon to be 4 kids we also need to focus on and we found a way but its literally because of covid were in this mess with our cats 😂😂 our goal was get him fixed first because he does like trying to escape outside(we have a few stray cats around the neighborhood) or into mymonat.com/melissalynnette mil room where one of her cats(girl) is also not fixed because of covid issues. 😂 the whole house is BIG on getting them fixed, but again covid :( and being the small towns we are animals being fixed isnt priority 😥 in fact we had a kitten die because it just started having breathing issues IN AN EMERGENCY and we went to the local clinics who turned us all away and outside of the local clinics where we got turned away another 2-3x until we found 1 and kitten died by then :( it really comes down to having sucky clinics near us and the mobile clinic that goes all over has better services 😂😂👏🏼👏🏼

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When is the next mobile clinic? Surely they have a schedule and you could sign up for a neuter appointment?

Slater0805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When is the next mobile clinic? Surely they have a schedule and you could sign up for a neuter appointment?
With covid they havent been out in our area yet :( I think they showed up about 3m ago :(

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you wanting her to have kittens? I worry cause if its that hard to find a vet to fix your one male, trying to fix her and all the kittens is going to be difficult. Unless you have homes already for all the kittens.

Slater0805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you wanting her to have kittens? I worry cause if its that hard to find a vet to fix your one male, trying to fix her and all the kittens is going to be difficult. Unless you have homes already for all the kittens.
No, we definitely didnt want her to have any! We had things set up and scheduled for our boy but when covid happened everything shut down. That's literally the only reason it's this difficult!😂 we just noticed her showing, so were giving it a few more weeks to confirm. We'll be getting rid of the kittens to good homes once they're able to be weaned except maybe 1 but we more than likely will be getting that one fixed with the others. NORMALLY what weve been doing is separating him from the females when they're in heat, but for some reason our girl cat DOES NOT MEOW or anything just gets extremely loving in heat.

Slater0805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is the best image I could get of her 😂 I dont wanna stress her by getting more pics!
20210115_112410.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you seen any kitten movement in her belly? A cat usually has about 2 weeks left from the time you first see movement. Check out our pregnant cat articles at the top of the forum!

Slater0805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been watching like a hawk and I havent yet 😂😂

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats aren't like dogs in that you can keep them apart just while she's in heat. Cats can have silent heats and be fertile even when not calling so if you have unfixed cats of opposite sexes you need to
keep them apart all the time to prevent breeding. So if he isn't neutered by the time she gives birth, I would recommend keeping them entirely separate, because cats can get pregnant again soon after giving birth.

Slater0805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We got valentines day kittens. We woke up to our other cat bugging us in bed and mamas been snuggling under the sheets for 2 days(figured since its freezing!) But she just simply wanted to have the kittens near us♡ so far all is great and healthy and weve put mama in a completely seperate room from our other cat with things like food and water but have allowed him to get as near as mama lets him since hes curious.

Attachments

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You need to keep your male 100% separated and away from your female until she is fixed or he has been for awhile, he can impregnate her immediately after birth and for awhile after he is fixed. I don't understand how he is separated but allowed to get near?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, they are beautiful, congratulations! How many and what colors? That white one MAY be 'pointed', like a siamese, and have blue eyes, they start out all white. if it doesn't start coloring before 6 weeks it may be all white, then you will need to check for deafness, common in all-white cats. My cats are all inbred, they have the same father who is also a brother, etc. They were born outside and spent it there the first year of their lives before I finally caught mama and spayed her and them.

Slater0805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You need to keep your male 100% separated and away from your female until she is fixed or he has been for awhile, he can impregnate her immediately after birth and for awhile after he is fixed. I don't understand how he is separated but allowed to get near?
He was only allowed near when I was right there but once I leave he leaves. Weve been trying overtime to get an appointment but unfortunately/fortunately were not the ONLY people who are tired of the vets near us. Someone else called every single vet in our county out for not being avaliable when people need them! I know during tax time even if we have to take him to a town over hes getting fixed!

Slater0805

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, they are beautiful, congratulations! How many and what colors? That white one MAY be 'pointed', like a siamese, and have blue eyes, they start out all white. if it doesn't start coloring before 6 weeks it may be all white, then you will need to check for deafness, common in all-white cats. My cats are all inbred, they have the same father who is also a brother, etc. They were born outside and spent it there the first year of their lives before I finally caught mama and spayed her and them.
So far shes had 2 more since I posted! Our male cat is fully white as well so I assumed some would be white. So far theres 1 fully white like our boy, the other two have black spots and 1 full black(with white paws)! :) Shes doing very well and they seem to be very well vocal and finding food good! I had to look on this forum because I knew cats could go 30mins-1h between each birth (hubby thought it was faster and couldnt be drawn out 😂🙌 bless him!) But shes been having them about every 40mins or so but being very good with them and I've helped her clear some noses when she seems overwhelmed 😂🙌 but I'm mostly hands off except with loving in her. She got MAD when I'd leave but I'm also thinking it's the same reason our bed had to be her nest 😂🙌