Pregnant day 64 - update: labor

kschestnut10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, new to hear and new to having a cat have kittens! We have rescue that wondered up already pregnant and with no one claiming her we took her in. We took her to the vet and the vet told us she would be due in about 2 weeks. That was two weeks ago today. I have looked up so many signs of what to look for in labor and just when I think she's showing signs, nothing happens. Any advice? She looked to have a little teeny bit of clear discharge yesterday, slightly pinkish today (it was a quick glance I could be wrong and it may have been clear). She doesn't like me messing down there. She is not nesting, and I can't get a temp. The last couple of days she slowed down how much she ate, then today had a regular appetite.

happykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Waiting game... can pass the time with having your friends and family make a betting pool on how many kittens, colors, sex, etc. Good times. If the vet did not take an x-ray then might be off a bit with the estimate. But with discharge surely it will be in the next few days. I had a mom cat eat 10 minutes before pushing out babies so you never know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kschestnut10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! I'm excited to see how many and their colors. We know nothing other than she showed up 15 days ago!

kschestnut10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: still no kittens :( she isn't showing many signs either, other than she just started "favoriting" a specific spot in the blankets I put down for her. She's made a little circled indention in them and lays there a good bit. Our vet is usually pretty good at estimating the due dates (she has for our other rescue). I hope the vet was either off a bit, but if she doesn't deliver by Wednesday which would be the estimated day 70, I'm going to take her back in to the vet.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
An x-ray would show how many she is carrying and their approximate gestational age. Then you would have a better idea of her situation. :)

kschestnut10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She doesn’t seem less big but it looks like she’s carrying more underneath if that makes sense.

kschestnut10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really hope! And appreciate it!!

Tinkz89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat never really shew any nesting signs or anything before labour, I thought it was never going to happen she then had her mucus plug go in the morning and continued to have discharge all day .. by the evening (12 hours later) still no other signs and al of a sudden she was sat on my bed let out a cry, had a really big contraction and jumped into her birthing box! and began pushing! Some cats can literally just start xx

kschestnut10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has been laboring for about 3 hours going on 4. She has a fluid sac hanging and has not delivered any kittens yet. I still feel the kittens moving. She is having contractions but not pushing much only every 5-10 min. I contact my regular vet and ER vet and they said this was normal. Anyone seen or heard of this??