Pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay so today's weigh in has me a bit scared for some, first I will tell you yesterday's -

Luna - 420
Yuki - 414
Pip - 429
Onyx - 440
Nova - 427

Now idk if I messed up yesterday's weigh in or if they lost weight.
Today's weigh in -

Luna - 417
Yuki - 417
Pip - 416
Onyx - 478
Nova - 432

What should I do? They just hit there first day into the fourth week. Do I supplement with kmr or do you guys think I should maybe wait a day and see what they are at tomorrow? My family thinks it's because they are running around a lot more but I think that is just wishful thinking. I can't start weaning them till I order the proper kitten wet food and that could be at the latest friday because we are out of money right now. I start my job on the 18th and I will start saving for future vet bills so I was just gonna start weaning them on there fifth week but I am worried Salem isn't feeding them as well as she had been. All I have right now is a syringe miracle nipple and I think they might need bottles at this stage if I do supplement. I am really worried about Pip if the weigh in I did was correct yesterday. What do you guys think?

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And here is the second litters weigh in from yesterday and today as well as there temporary names that may or may not stay -

Dobby - 182g
Lilith - 158g
Freya - 162g
Ren - 176g
Lui - 150g

Dobby - 195g
Lilith - 178g
Freya - 179g
Ren - 185g
Lui - 166g

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You need to try to supplement. Use the Miracle Nipple. They are young enough to still take it and I doubt they are ready for soft foods yet anyway at only 3 weeks. They should be starting to cut their milk teeth this week, so may chew on the nipple a bit.

It could be an “off” day, but it never hurts to supplement. They should not be losing. However, the smallest of the first litter is at 14 ounces already, and the goal weight at the full four weeks is 16 ounces, so they are doing well and it is not an emergency if they refuse to supplement.

The second litter is doing great!

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You need to try to supplement. Use the Miracle Nipple. They are young enough to still take it and I doubt they are ready for soft foods yet anyway at only 3 weeks. They should be starting to cut their milk teeth this week, so may chew on the nipple a bit.

It could be an “off” day, but it never hurts to supplement. They should not be losing. However, the smallest of the first litter is at 14 ounces already, and the goal weight at the full four weeks is 16 ounces, so they are doing well and it is not an emergency if they refuse to supplement.

The second litter is doing great!
They are on there fourth week today and I think the smallest is 14 ounces. Should I start supplementing right away on pip or on all of them?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, you said they are on the first day of their fourth week, right? If so, they only needed to weigh 12 ounces by 3 weeks. The smallest is already ahead by weighing 14 ounces at 3 weeks plus one day. They should gain a couple of ounces by the end of week four, but if they are teething their appetites may be off.

And yes, try to supplement all but Onyx if they’ll take the nipple.

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, you said they are on the first day of their fourth week, right? If so, they only needed to weigh 12 ounces by 3 weeks. The smallest is already ahead by weighing 14 ounces at 3 weeks plus one day. They should gain a couple of ounces by the end of week four, but if they are teething their appetites may be off.

And yes, try to supplement all but Onyx if they’ll take the nipple.
Just wanna make sure we are on the same page so I will just tell you how many days old they are.

Born on September 13th 10pm-12:30am so about the 29th day. 1day into there fourth week. Only Onyx has hit 16 ounces.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Got it! And they’ve been a little behind all along with no issues, so they are doing well. I would try to supplement all but Onyx.

Some of them may be ready for a pate / KMR mush on a flat plate soon.

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got it! And they’ve been a little behind all along with no issues, so they are doing well. I would try to supplement all but Onyx.

Some of them may be ready for a pate / KMR mush on a flat plate soon.
Tried my best to supplement them though it didn't go well. Onyx was the only one not fighting me for it and he is the one who doesn't need it. He loved it and yuki stopped fighting the second time I tried but she only took like 1ml lmao and pip was fighting me the entire time so they all didn't get much and preferred there mother but when I tried Onyx last it gave the four others some chill time to drink Salem's milk while he took probably 4ml worth and I know that isn't much because each of them need to take the 3ml syringe 5 times
From what I was reading. Please inform me if I am wrong about that though.

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The kittens seemed to like sleeping behind the door and I moved the door and Nova's paw got pinched and he let out a heart breaking scream!! I honestly feel so bad that I might cry. He was holding his paw up for a couple of seconds but seems to be fine and walking and he even started to wrestle his sister. I am so worried and scared that he could be hurt badly. Should I gently apply pressure to see if he reacts or should I do that tomorrow? I don't have the funds for a vet visit and I won't till about the 25th when I get my first paycheck. Anything I should watch out for?

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And ofcourse I dropped my phone in the soapy water bowl I use to flea comb. Still works but the camera doesn't, It's in some rice but might not be able to post pictures for a while if the rice doesn't work. Just my luck. Not a good day! :sniffle:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nova sounds fine! I would just leave his paw alone. Kittens heal quickly and since he’s walking and wrestling he’s clearly doing well.

Sorry to hear about your phone. We all have those days when it’s one calamity after another. Hopefully tomorrow will be better! 👍

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens have soft little bones that flex instead of break until the growth plates in them fuse when they're older. They're almost like made of rubber until they stop running around like chickens with their heads cut off. It keeps them from really injuring themselves.

Just watch Nova for any lasting symptoms, but it sounds like he's all right.

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kittens have soft little bones that flex instead of break until the growth plates in them fuse when they're older. They're almost like made of rubber until they stop running around like chickens with their heads cut off. It keeps them from really injuring themselves.

Just watch Nova for any lasting symptoms, but it sounds like he's all right.
Happy to hear and he is still playing just fine! I will keep an eye out. :hearthrob: :hearthrob:

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They picked up the litter box pretty quick!

Sorry I haven't been posting weights if anyone cared to see the weights, just been busy but I still weigh them everyday and write it down so I will post them sooner or later.

If you are wondering why the scratching post is two different colors I built that scratching post out of pvc pipe and some twine and ran out and had to take off some twine off of a scratching post. it worked out and now all the kittens can get up to the first shelf and they love to quickly climb up it when they get the zoomies!

Some pictures -

1018212330i.jpg 1018212330h.jpg 1018212329c.jpg 1018212331h~2.jpg 1634521254698.jpg 1017212139c.jpg

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think Salem is feeding her litter all that well and sometimes I catch them getting some milk from Squirt, Going to buy some kitten wet food tomorrow and mix it in Petag KMR and see how that goes.

Weights for today -

Luna - 478
Yuki - 466
Pip - 488
Onyx - 530
Nova - 525

The little ones are two weeks today! -

Dobby - 266
Lilith - 251
Freya - 238
Ren - 265
Lui - 234

1019211358a.jpg 1019211359c.jpg 1019211359d.jpg 1634091540277.jpg

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are all doing well so far though! Your older ones are all one pound or more and the little ones are all at least 8 ounces or more.

Definitely time to try the mush with the older babies!

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Went to the store and got purina kitten wet food and made the mush though it was mostly just petag kmr replacement so pretty much just milk. Three lapped it up like right away while Luna took some convincing by tricking her to lick my finger with it on then slowly guiding her to the mush and eventually she lapped it up too! Pip was the only one not interested even with the finger trick I did on Luna. In the end I let Salem lap up the rest once the four were finished with it and cleaning themselves. Salem lapping up the rest gave Pip lots of time on the nipple with no competition so that was a plus I guess. I only did like a spoon full of the wet food because I didn't know how much I should do. Happy they can lap up the milk though!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s wonderful! You can slowly add more wet food to the milk so it’s got more bulk but still very mushy. I would offer this 4-6 times a day and they will be eating like champs! Pip will get there in her own time. 😊

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update :
all are eating wet food well!
I expanded there area and they are running around at full speed, Pip wasn't doing that well and didn't really gain for 3 days till she finally started to eat the wet food! Now she is gaining and getting back on track.

Weights -

Luna - 620g
Yuki - 623g
Pip - 580g
Onyx - 721g
Nova - 705g

Dobby - 341g
Lilith - 318g
Freya - 301g
Ren - 334g
Lui - 304g

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Only got 1 good picture right now, will take more later and post them. :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:
20211028_012321.jpg