Pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, Salem's kittens are Squirt's new brothers and sisters, right? IIRC you said Squirt is Salem's daughter.

When you see Salem's kittens with Squirt, are they already latched on her teats? If not, you can move them back to Salem as long as none of the cats complain.
Not her daughter but might be sister's and if not sister's they are cousins. None of them complain but I am just worried she won't have enough milk for her kiddos when they come within 48 hours as her milk is in. Her nipples are for sure a bit bruised by Salem's kittens.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL Salem's kittens are literally fighting over the wrong cat's teats!

When Squirt is in labor (hopefully not under the sink), close the closet door so Salem's kittens can only drink their mom's milk and don't make whelping more difficult.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s fine for the 2 cats and kittens to be together. That is clearly where Squirt wants to be. Squirt will have plenty of milk. In fact, the other kittens nursing on her will help her milk to come in and it may help to bring on her contractions. She should give birth anytime now - I’m guessing next 24-36 hours.

But, as mentioned, if Squirt needs to be alone and not bothered during labor, then move the others.
Apparel Apparel

Last edited:

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She gave birth to four so far!!! Salem took her babies back in the sink and took three of Squirts with her

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took them back but Salem is flipping out wanting to move them with her. The fourths cord is still attached inside of squirt so she hasn't pushed out the sac for him yet. Should I be worried? A lot more blood then when Salem gave birth that is for sure!!

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fourth just got free she pushed out two sacs and he was free and now being cleaned!!! :hearthrob: :hearthrob: :hearthrob: :hearthrob: :hearthrob: :yess:

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her belly still seems big so I don't think it's the last!!

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Salem's calmed down but I had to close the door and put her with her babies so squirt can chill

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Salem's trying to break out of prison right now to steal some more babies!
Fifth just popped out while I was typing this!!! :hearthrob: :hearthrob: :hearthrob: :hearthrob: :cheerleader:

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I let her out of prison and she is helping clean the 5th as Squirt isn't doing it. Hasn't tried to run off with the babies yet so as long as she doesn't do that I will let her help!

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She tried robbing a baby again. Taking her off her own moms nipple. I am torn, on one hand she helps clean the babies but on the other she steals them. She flipped out being in jail and flips out under the door when she can't get in!!

My solution that seems to be working is I moved Salem's kittens right beside Squirt's nesting box in hopes she won't wanna steal them.

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So far just 5 but her belly still seems big to me.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL Salem is trying to be a delivery nurse.. I did not know cats like to be midwives.

What time did the first baby come out?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They can all be together but make sure the newborns are with a mom and nursing, especially the first few days. It’s okay if a baby nurses a different mom as long as they nurse and are not crowded out by the bigger kittens from the other litter.

Hopefully 5 is it!

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think 5 was the max. She has been letting them nurse for a while and Salem hasn't tried to take the kittens from her and seems to be focused on feeding her litter. From what I can tell we have another 3 girls and two boys!
Will post pictures soon!!

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL Salem is trying to be a delivery nurse.. I did not know cats like to be midwives.

What time did the first baby come out?
No clue. I woke up at 8 and came over to check and the fourth was still wet and connected to Squirt while the other three Salem stole and had them with her litter under the sink possibly feeding them. Everyone seems to like the setup in the closet so hopefully it keeps going well.

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If anyone has any name suggestions I am all ears! :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob: