Pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The little piggies are gaining so well! Yay for Saffron and Jack! :cheerleader:

I agree with the vet, and I am so glad that he gave her a shot and more tablets for home. The Noraclav tablets are excellent.

Is Willow having an easier time nursing now?
She’s nursing today, still short feeds but fairly often. Like she pops in every hour, two max for little feeds. Their gains have been really good the last two days. They try to groom themselves a lot now and they creep up on mum and pounce her and she does it to them. 😅

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Morning weights
Saffron - 418g
Jack - 411g

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Forgot to post weights yesterday. Today they are
Jack 437g
Saffron 440g

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're big enough for a bath with Dawn dishwashing soap. That will get rid of the fleas. Pick the fleas out of the bathwater and drop them into another little bowl of hot water and Dawn, then flush them down the toilet when bathing is done. Combing the kittens with a flea comb will help you find stragglers.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They're big enough for a bath with Dawn dishwashing soap. That will get rid of the fleas. Pick the fleas out of the bathwater and drop them into another little bowl of hot water and Dawn, then flush them down the toilet when bathing is done. Combing the kittens with a flea comb will help you find stragglers.
Thanks. Is it safe to treat mum while she’s nursing?

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thought I’d give an update on weights
Saffron - 503g
Jack 492g

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mum has been treated. Found another flea on saffron, during a wash but none on jack. Wondering if mum picked it up at the vets. She didn’t appear to have them before and it doesn’t seem to be an infestation. Mum has been treated. Also she is back to feeding them really well since her antibiotics.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Meant to add, still haven’t tried with a litter tray, however jack has taken to leaping into mums tray and taking a poo. 🤷‍♀️

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Photo update. You can see who the little (pole climbing) troublemaker is. 😍 😊

Attachments

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thought I’d pop by to let you know the babies are doing well. 6 weeks old now. Still feeding nicely with mum. Jack has started trying to steal her food (she’s on royal canin mother and baby cat) so I let him try a little nibble on a small amount of it soaked and softened in KMR. saffron has shown zero interest in that. I’ve moved willows food up higher as they’re starting to climb a lot and I don’t want them having free access to her food especially when I’m not in the room. She does come and go from the room but never likes to stay away long from the babies so I tend to leave it where she can access it and still be with her babies. What is a good soft food to let them start trying if they want to? To be honest they still seem very content feeding off mum.

Weights as of this morning

Jack 618g
Saffron 610g

they started gaining a lot more than they were previously gaining once I wormed them (on Monday) but then it was also around the time mum was given antibiotics. So could be one or the other. They had no side effects. So I’m really glad I took the advice from here and waited until they were a little older. Both babies started to use mums tray regularly and don’t attempt to eat the litter anymore so I gave them their own.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s perfectly fine if they want to try mom’s food. The Royal Canin Mother and Baby Cat is excellent - both the dry and the wet mousse. They will both eventually want more than just mom’s milk, but will likely continue to nurse as well as long as mom will let them. They are young yet, so there’s no rush at all.

It’s wonderful that both are using the litter box, and also glad you waited to worm them.

The weights are good and I know they are little darlings at this stage! They’ll be wanting to play and get into everything now. 😻

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s perfectly fine if they want to try mom’s food. The Royal Canin Mother and Baby Cat is excellent - both the dry and the wet mousse. They will both eventually want more than just mom’s milk, but will likely continue to nurse as well as long as mom will let them. They are young yet, so there’s no rush at all.

It’s wonderful that both are using the litter box, and also glad you waited to worm them.

The weights are good and I know they are little darlings at this stage! They’ll be wanting to play and get into everything now. 😻
Willow likes the mother and baby cat dry food and she likes royal canin kitten (I put her on it when she was pregnant)

when the first two died I never thought we would get to this stage and I truly believe without you Sarthur2 Sarthur2 and this community, we really wouldn’t have. So a massive thank you again for all of the advice.

Yeah they’re into everything. They like to try to climb onto the bed so I’ve fully padded out the floor. They like to chase toys, mums tail and my hands if they can.😁

They have very different little personalities emerging. Jack is the inquisitive one and very curious about everything. He runs over when I come in the room. Climbs up my legs and eve falls asleep on my knees. Saffron is just as playful but definitely more reserved, if you go to stroke her she will back her head away and not quite as curious as Jack. Both are just gorgeous little things and I’m mad about them. 😊

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just thought I’d pop in and let everyone know how the little ones are doing. Both took really quickly and well to royal canin (both wet and dry) found it tricky with water for the first few days but picked it up quickly.
saffron is still very reserved and doesn’t love handling. Jack is super affectionate, loves his cuddles and purrs a lot. Both have had their first injections. They’re just happy, healthy, beautiful little things. Willow is still super affectionate with them.
Pics, just because.

Attachments