Jack - 348g

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Saffron - 377g
Jack - 355g

Jack’s gain was 0 but he was definitely feeding. id say he feeds more often than she does but consistently gains less than her.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also just to add, he still seems fine. Still fights his sister and mum. Still playful etc no signs of being unwell.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Willow started refusing to feed yesterday so I had a little feel to make sure she wasn’t sore and she has a rock hard rectangular shape under her nipples. Spoke to the vet who have advised me to monitor it and to hand feed the babies and put something on mum to cover her nipples so they can’t feed.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also weights are
Saffron - 379g
Jack - 374g

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my! Does she have mastitis? Is she running a fever? She needs to be seen as soon as possible. She must feel miserable. She probably needs antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory. In the meantime, warm damp compresses will give her a bit of relief.

C Caitlin375

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my! Does she have mastitis? Is she running a fever? She needs to be seen as soon as possible. She must feel miserable. She probably needs antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory. In the meantime, warm damp compresses will give her a bit of relief.

C Caitlin375
Im not sure, she doesn’t seem to have a fever. Her behaviour is normal. She’s eating, drinking etc normal. The lump doesn’t feel hot or look red in any way. She has a vet appointment tomorrow morning but they said don’t let the babies feed from her and monitor her through the day.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also when squeezed milk is still coming out which looks normal in consistency and colour, no discolouration to it, no discharge, pus etc. I’m not sure what it is.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Saffron and Jack just get cuter and cuter! :lovecat2:

It’s good mom is not feeling poorly, but this is puzzling. The fact she hasn’t wanted to feed would indicate something is bothering her. It will be interesting to hear what the vet thinks tomorrow.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Saffron and Jack just get cuter and cuter! :lovecat2:

It’s good mom is not feeling poorly, but this is puzzling. The fact she hasn’t wanted to feed would indicate something is bothering her. It will be interesting to hear what the vet thinks tomorrow.
She does try to feed but then she will grumble and leave within 5 minutes but she does still appear to be in heat so I just figured it was that. Plus they literally chew her nipples at times. It’s the lump that’s concerning me. It’s not even a lump exactly it’s like a rectangle shape not overly raised but long (stretches down half her body) and really hard.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She does try to feed but then she will grumble and leave within 5 minutes but she does still appear to be in heat so I just figured it was that. Plus they literally chew her nipples at times. It’s the lump that’s concerning me. It’s not even a lump exactly it’s like a rectangle shape not overly raised but long (stretches down half her body) and really hard.
yesterday all day she kept laying down like she was going to feed and then leaving straight away. Today now I’ve covered her, she keeps going in trying to feed them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Poor mama! She sounds confused. I forgot she’s still in heat. She’s got too many things going on at once. Is it possible the rectangle would photograph and you could post a picture?

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor mama! She sounds confused. I forgot she’s still in heat. She’s got too many things going on at once. Is it possible the rectangle would photograph and you could post a picture?
I tried but you can’t really see and she’s very fluffy.This is where it is for reference. I guess you can kind of see it’s raised but I wouldn’t say it’s overly swollen just very hard and rectangular.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I sure hope it’s nothing more serious than a clogged duct that can be treated with an antibiotic.

Thanks for posting the picture. After all you’ve already been through this is the last thing you need.

I’m just relieved that Saffron and Jack are a month old now. Have they cut their baby teeth?

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sure hope it’s nothing more serious than a clogged duct that can be treated with an antibiotic.

Thanks for posting the picture. After all you’ve already been through this is the last thing you need.

I’m just relieved that Saffron and Jack are a month old now. Have they cut their baby teeth?
Fingers crossed. She seems well in herself. Yes they have their teeth and like to use them 😂

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet said that it’s very swollen but that there’s plenty of milk there and the milk looks normal. He said he doesn’t want to put her on an anti inflammatory because she’s still nursing but he’s put her on antibiotics incase it’s the start of mastitis/infection and just to fight any infection that might be there because it’s very hard. He gave her a shot and sent me home with these tablets to start tomorrow. Just want to check that these are ok?

Attachments

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also, morning weights are:
Saffron - 403g
Jack - 392g

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The little piggies are gaining so well! Yay for Saffron and Jack! :cheerleader:

I agree with the vet, and I am so glad that he gave her a shot and more tablets for home. The Noraclav tablets are excellent.

Is Willow having an easier time nursing now?