Pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has Saffron gained since yesterday?

It’s not unusual for male kittens to be larger than their female siblings. I thought my little Prissy would never hit 3 pounds a few years back, while her 3 brothers were all nearing 4 pounds already.
Yesterday she was 242g so she has gained. I’ve noticed also tonight that willow is panting when she’s nursing them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Remove the hot water bottles and give her some extra formula to drink for calcium. It helps panting.

Saffron sounds like she’s doing fine!

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Remove the hot water bottles and give her some extra formula to drink for calcium. It helps panting.

Thanks, I’m going to check with the vet in the morning too just she seems very reluctant to feed and leaves after 5/10 minutes. She does come back but when they fight she wants to leave. This is the nipple they won’t use. She’s still panting when nursing.

Attachments

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They’ve just latched both nipples on tonight’s feed, she panted for a few minutes then stopped and seems fine, licking them etc while they feed. She’s being given KMR.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may be getting sore. Apply the coconut oil to soothe her nipples. Let us know what the vet says.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She may be getting sore. Apply the coconut oil to soothe her nipples. Let us know what the vet says.
Vet said the little ones are getting teeth and it’s probably hurting willow a little bit but other than that she’s very happy that willow and babies have gained weight and that willow does have enough milk to feed. She said they probably fight over a “favourite nipple”

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww! I love this age. It's so cute to see tiny miniature kitties trying to do big kitty things, like lick their paws or bat a toy 😍.
They’re constantly trying to lick at their little paws. 😊

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tonight’s weights are 286g and 293g should I be concerned he’s not really gained? His stomach was pretty bloated up on yesterday’s weighing and isn’t tonight. Both have fed well all day.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Weights this morning were 302g and 319g

they now have access to a room though I still restrict them to the nest at night. I have started introducing a litter tray with kitten litter but jack seems to want to try to eat it. How do I stop this?

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weights this morning were 302g and 319g

they now have access to a room though I still restrict them to the nest at night. I have started introducing a litter tray with kitten litter but jack seems to want to try to eat it. How do I stop this?
I've never had this problem, but it occurs often enough. You should make sure you're not using clumping litter if the kittens eat it. Don't want clumps in their innards that they can't pass.

Caitlin375

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never had this problem, but it occurs often enough. You should make sure you're not using clumping litter if the kittens eat it. Don't want clumps in their innards that they can't pass.
Ok, thanks. It’s non clumping and says kitten on the front of it. The girl doesn’t seem to do it, just jack who seems to want to put anything and everything in his little mouth. I got it out on this occasion because I caught him straight away.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would hold off on introducing the litter box until they are eating soft foods.