Pregnant cat?

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!
I think my cat is pregnant but i cant for the life of me remember how long ago it was that she was in heat. She's been super affectionate which is unusual for her (I am the peasant who brings her food and water but i may not pet her gorgeous coat! Lol). Today I noticed she seemed to "pop" and gained weight in her belly but her nipples dont look like they've pinked to me. Her belly is firm but i didnt want to feel around too much because she hates it. Do you think she's pregnant and how far along if she is?

TIA!

P.s. i know i should have gotten her spayed. Honestly i should know better because i foster for a cat rescue.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she been outside or around unneutered males?
She doesn't look pregnant to me, but the best way to know is to just go to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah and there is an empty hamper right next to it that she can use too, lol. Sorry to post a picture of the mess but she camps out in their room. This is the room of 2 young and messy boys. The worst part is that i picked up all their clothes yesterday.

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she has been around an unnuetered male.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's been around an unneutered male, it's pretty much guaranteed she's pregnant.

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She looks pregnant to me but i am in no way positive about that. The only thing i can suggest is to take her to the vet for an x ray

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My vet said to wait until her nipples pink but I dont know if i can wait much longer. The suspence is killing me.

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh no, I didnt mean to make it sound like that. He didnt refuse, I think he was just advising me to wait until i have a strong symptom like pink nipples so i dont waste a visit on my cat just being fat. I'm SURE if I called and said "I want an xray" they would have me come in.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, when was the last time she saw the vet? You could get your normal exam in so if the x-rays don't show anything, then you didn't waste a trip. :)
Or, get her spayed and kill three birds with one stone.

Last edited:

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I definitely plan on making an appointment I was just posting to get opinions until I go.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Why not go ahead and get her spayed now? Since you foster, you already know there are not enough good homes for all the needy cats and kittens in the world. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont want to spay her if she's pregnant and terminate the little kitten fetuses.
Look guys I'm seriously just here for opinions on if she looks pregnant. I understand that she should have been spayed and needs to be spayed, I said that in the post. So why say it again? Yes i am a foster and yes i suck for not getting her spayed. Yes i am going to get her spayed. Can we focus on the actual question now?

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
in my opinion she does look it. i would wait a few weeks and see if she gets bigger or if her nipples pink up. after that, once you know one way or the other, you can decide whether you want to take her for an x ray or whatever. i hope she does well either way ^_^

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
To me, she doesnt look pregnant. Nipples are small and white. Those should be bigger around the time pregant females start to "show". Pinking doesnt always happen, but they should surely be bigger. So if she's pregnant, she's probably not far. Or not pregnant at all imho.

You can also opt to make your vet feel (palpation) instead of jumping to xrays and all those extra stressful options to determine a pregnancy ;)

Last edited:

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!
Thats a good idea to do palpatatio instead of the xray.
I think all in all I'll make an appointment for 2 weeks out for either way.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!
Thats a good idea to do palpatatio instead of the xray.
I think all in all I'll make an appointment for 2 weeks out for either way.
Can you go ahead and separate her from the male(s) just in case she's not pregnant now?

mapo5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does that mean your opinion is that she isnt pregnant?