Pregnant cat. Would like experienced input on potential due date.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is she doing?

When the kittens are first learning the box, you’ll want to use a couple of disposable aluminum baking pans from a dollar store. Later, you can purchase high side bottom-only pans from Walmart for about $8 apiece.

Any generic clay litter will do.

Cats are usually in first stage labor for about 24 hours. You’ll usually see water break or a mucus plug prior to that. Second stage is pushing. It’s difficult to say when your cat will be done, as it can be minutes or hours or sometimes days between kittens, but most cats deliver fairly quickly. For instance, my cat had 4 kittens in about 2 hours - one about every 30 minutes.

Very young kittens can get into lots of trouble, so they should not be allowed to roam a whole house at all. They also need to stay with their mom for 10-12 weeks before being rehomed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ConfusedKittyOwner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well. No real signs yesterday. Woke to 3 kittens. Seems she handled everything on her own. She ate everything, chewed all cords, and cleaned them up on her own.I'm assuming she is done. All I was needed for was a quick box/bedding swap and room service. The box had to be swapped so it couldn't be avoided, she had pushed the bedding around and made a mess of the cardboard. I made it as quick as I could, preparing the box beforehand but I got a warning bite and a few growls during the clean up so I'm not bothering her for a bit besides taking her food. She ate about 3oz of wet and seems settled now. All latched, all quiet, assuming all is well.

Thanks everyone for the help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ConfusedKittyOwner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
During my crazy morning I managed to forget to say she had them in my post first this morning. My thoughts were flooded with too much as I didn't expect it and suddenly had too many questions. She showed no signs before I went to bed so I had assumed I had a bit longer. I did not.