Pregnant cat wants to go out.

Robbie Joe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my indoor outdoor cat is pregnant and has never used a litterbox will she use one if i make her stay inside and how do i keep her from meowing all through the night to go outside. please help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will learn to use the litter box, and she will stop whining to go out once she realizes she is not allowed. Be patient!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How far along is she in her pregnancy? You need to plan for a spay after this litter so she can be indoor/outdoor safely again eventually.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
my indoor outdoor cat is pregnant and has never used a litterbox will she use one if i make her stay inside and how do i keep her from meowing all through the night to go outside. please help!
She will learn. Use a non flavored / non scented litter. There are surely several POSSIBIITIES, its often an advantage if it looks natural for them.
Main thing, no fancy scented litter.

Observe, when its time for the kittens to learn use litter, THEY will need a non clumping litter. Because kittens, alike small human children, tend to taste on everything. And you dont want the litter to clump inside their tiny intestines...

Last edited: