Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How do i know when its time to let them meet again??

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Momma cat doesn't mind their scent.. i did show them to her again today and same reaction like yesterday.. from now on i will completely stop her from seeing them. I will try again next thursday and update you all.

It sucks that this had to happen. Its her childrens' birthday tomorrow. They are turning 1 years old 😭💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for momma cat to act this way?
After what happened, all she does is follow me, ask to play, ask for attention, and kneads me non stop. She's really affectionate, more affectionate compared to when she was pregnant haha.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your patience will be everyone’s reward when the time is right for Mama. She looks very young herself! Hang in there!! :dizzycat:
You are right 😭😭💛 thank you all so much for believing in us!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I need 1 more advice...
Should i let momma cat stay in front of the livingroom doors throughout the waiting time? She keeps asking me to take her there.

Should i let her or completely move her away from them where she can't smell them?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let her be where she wants to be. The goal is to reintegrate them all together, especially as they live in the same home. Something spooked the mom. Hopefully she will forget about it and be normal with her kittens again soon.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
After what happened, all she does is follow me, ask to play, ask for attention, and kneads me non stop. She's really affectionate,
Bless her little heart, I think she might be working to reassure herself, but I really think that she's replaced her affection for her kittens with you, --whether temporarily or permanently will remain to be seen :)

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hahaha. I will kind of miss her clingy and affectionate side when she goes back to normal haha. Its been so long since she slept in my arms. Last time she did it was when she was pregnant. For the past few days, she would sleep beside me and always call for me when she notices that I'm not in the same room as her.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sucks how im always here with more problems but... the other day, i brushed all my cats and i forgot the brush on the couch since i really needed to use the washroom. The brush had a big amount of fur. Fur from 4 cats and when i remembered about it, i quickly rushed to get it. But then my cat has eaten most of it. I found about a tablespoon size of fur on the ground that the cat has left but I'm just wondering if he would be alright as long as he poops some fur out?? I have been adding olive oil to his food to help, and i also fed him hairball control treats. I just havent seen him use the litterbox since i had errands that i needed to run. Anyways, last night i was able to find poop in 2 of the litterboxes and both had fur in it. I hope that one of it was his. I will monitor him more today and actually separate him from the others.

But the reason why i came here is because i wanted to ask if he will be okay as long as he passes the fur through his poop?

He still eats well, plays well, and sleeps well. He still acts the same way before he even swallowed the fur.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also update, i finally let the kittens in the kitchen and kept momma cat in the bedroom.

They can't see each other but theres quite a big gap under our door where their paws fit and they have been playing with each others paw for about 5 minutes now hahaha. I still haven't let her see them today but she doesn't mind touching them.

20200801_144403.jpg

(Momma cats paws under the door hehe)

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sucks how im always here with more problems but... the other day, i brushed all my cats and i forgot the brush on the couch since i really needed to use the washroom. The brush had a big amount of fur. Fur from 4 cats and when i remembered about it, i quickly rushed to get it. But then my cat has eaten most of it. I found about a tablespoon size of fur on the ground that the cat has left but I'm just wondering if he would be alright as long as he poops some fur out?? I have been adding olive oil to his food to help, and i also fed him hairball control treats. I just havent seen him use the litterbox since i had errands that i needed to run. Anyways, last night i was able to find poop in 2 of the litterboxes and both had fur in it. I hope that one of it was his. I will monitor him more today and actually separate him from the others.

But the reason why i came here is because i wanted to ask if he will be okay as long as he passes the fur through his poop?

He still eats well, plays well, and sleeps well. He still acts the same way before he even swallowed the fur.
Update: I scooped out another one earlier and it had more fur in it than the ones i found before. I'm pretty sure its his.

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Last edited:

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just keep up with what you’ve been doing regarding everything. That’s a very good thing that she’s playing with them through the door. It seems like the non recognition is sparked when she sees them so it’s sight based. If you try again and have trouble, maybe you can open a new thread in the cat behavior forum. Give a brief bit on their background and explain what happened. Then explain what you have done based on jcatbird’s suggestions.

Hopefully you won’t need to do that, but the help and support is there for you if you do!

Give the olive oil and whatever else you’re doing until you see no more clumps of fur, then he’ll be fine. It’s good you figured it out so he didn’t have to get uncomfortable. You are a wonderful mom to your kitties :heartshape:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just keep up with what you’ve been doing regarding everything. That’s a very good thing that she’s playing with them through the door. It seems like the non recognition is sparked when she sees them so it’s sight based. If you try again and have trouble, maybe you can open a new thread in the cat behavior forum. Give a brief bit on their background and explain what happened. Then explain what you have done based on jcatbird’s suggestions.

Hopefully you won’t need to do that, but the help and support is there for you if you do!

Give the olive oil and whatever else you’re doing until you see no more clumps of fur, then he’ll be fine. It’s good you figured it out so he didn’t have to get uncomfortable. You are a wonderful mom to your kitties :heartshape:
Update: my mom and i were really curious and put momma in a crate. We let her daughter Tofu out. Tofu was really brave and sniffed her mom. They sniffed each other and momma cat seemed okay with it. Momma doesn't really like to be locked up but she was calm. I feel like gender affects her reaction too because when we took one of the boys out. They sniffed each other but momma cat hissed at him.

Also thank you 😭 I'm really trying to do my best.

Anyways, our house has a really weird layout so it was hard to keep momma cat calm at all times. Last night my neighbours cat got to the side of our lot. (Which is where our bedroom window is) and momma cat saw him and hissed from inside. We covered the windows with cardboard now and she doesn't seem to be removing them.

I overall think that momma cat does get anxious when she sees and not smell. Because like you said, they were fine with playing each other. She still loves to lay in front if the livingroom doors. When she sees shadows from in there, she meows and wags her tail but does not hiss or growl.

But yes, if nothing happens, I will definitely post a new thread.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, i know we have been letting her see them but its hard as well because all of our doors are french doors which had glass on them, and our house has huge windows.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
IMG_20200802_192040_244.jpg

Should i keep doing this with her daughter? Do you guys think that it would help her?