Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay so I covered the glass on our doors with paper, and I was curious to how Momma cat would react even though its only the 2nd day. Anyways, i let her out of our bedroom. There is a hallway that leads to the livingroom and she stood there about 3ft away from the door. She would spot her kitties shadows from under the door and yowl while her tail moved left and right. She did not growl or hiss. All she did was sit there staring and yowling every few seconds. I was standing at the opposite side of her while she did that. I was afraid to get close to her after a while so I threw a tissue behind her to change her focus. She instantly followed me back into the bedroom and asked for petting and cuddling. She seemed nervous to get close. I added the shampoo on the back of their necks again just incase it would help. She seems more calm than yesterday when she could see them. Should i continue letting her in the hallway and see their shadow?

I know I'm not supposed to rush things but i just really wanted to check her reaction. Maybe i can start feeding her from a far, and move closer as time go by.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you are right. Mom cat is looking to her trusted human for reassurance and protection. That’s a very good thing and will certainly help her to calm down. It’s so great that she knows your love and has turned to you when she felt afraid. Having a strange cat show up must have really scared her. It’s not uncommon. In the outdoors, she would need to be aggressive to survive and also to send her kittens scattering into hiding too. She may have sort of “zoned out” as fear can do that to a cat and recognition of the kittens eluded her at that moment but she may also be trying to send them away for safety. I hope momcat continues to find comfort with you and things will improve quickly. Keep us posted.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for all the help and new information. I am learning so much!! I never knew that this could happen.

Anyways, momma cat is resting now hehe

20200729_134130.jpg

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just noticed such a big improvement!!

Momma cat wanted to leave our room and she instantly walked and sniffed the bottom of the doors to the livingroom. Her kittens werent close which caused her to feel less scared doing that.

Every now and then, she would move away confused and trying to process whats happening. And so i put treats all around her. She didnt care until after 5 minutes of standing there. I fed her by hand, trying to get her close to the doors again since her children were awake and waiting behind the doors. She felt comfortable enough to eat the treats closer to the door.

Also, I'm so excited because THEY SNIFFED EACH OTHER FROM UNDER THE DOOR WITH NO PROBLEM. They are so quiet but they are also really calm!

20200729_195257.jpg
20200729_200806.jpg

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's been there for almost 25 minutes. I haven't heard any growl or hissing. She is also comfortable enough that she would lay there.

This is thr 3rd time i let her get close today. The one before right now, she hissed and hit the doors but this is the calmest she's been.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Momma cat is just waiting outside the livingroom. She is laying down, falling asleep lol.

When do you guys think that i should let her see them?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm, I'm not sure, honestly. What if you put something like a screen in the doorway so they can see each other but still not actually intermingle yet?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i did quite a bad thing right now... momma cat wouldn't stop meowing at me so i followed her and she lead me to the livingroom doors... and so, i was like "huh.. lets see how you would react" (as she seemed to be excited to go in. I then folded a paper up so that she would see one of her kids but she got mad, growled and hissed. She still stayed in the hallway and she is still calm. She didnt attack again after i covered the glass.) She calmed down afterwards

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She would always lay by the door and almost sleep there. She is calm but does not want to be bothered.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She wont stop meowing right now. She would meow as if shes calling something. When i pet her, she would try to bite my hand after a while.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think so, yes.

Have you had a chance to try lifting the paper again to let her see, or are you waiting a little longer?
I want to wait a little longer. After her reaction yesterday, I think i should wait longer. I really do want to try and let her see them for at least a minute but she gets so angry/scared.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much haha. She is acting like a new kitty at the moment. She is really playful and affectionate with me.