Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like a soft tissue injury. A cortisone shot helps to relieve the pain and inflammation, but kittens heal from soft tissue injuries very quickly regardless. Did you step on her leg?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you can, confine the kitten to a small space so she doesn't move very much. A bathroom works well but a large crate is best so the kitten can't walk around. Give it 24 hours and see how she is moving around.. Sprain or a break, both need rest and time to recover from. Ideally, seeing a vet and getting proper treatment is the goal but if that isn't an option forced rest is pretty much all you can do at home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did not step on her. The humane society came to check on her and they want us to surrender. But we said no so they are helping us find clinics to at least do an examination.

They say that it looks like its broken.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The people from HS, took her to a vet clinic right now and we are going to meet our cat there.

I don't want to assume but I'm scared that they will tell the vet that we can't afford anything and ask us to surrender her there.

They keep mentioning surrendering even though we said no.

This hurts way too much. They don't allow payment plans.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We can afford her to be examined but not anything after that. We don't have money right now.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just so you know the scenarios:

Muscle and ligament damage don't show on xrays. So if there is no brake they assume its those. Pain medication and rest are the options.

If it is broken and it is a simple brake, keeping her movement restricted is usually the best option. Especially with young kittens who heal fairly fast. A splint or cast might be recommended to keep it stable. But generally its just keep them in a space where they can't move much, large crate or small room.

A more complex brake might require surgery but young kittens aren't usually able to get the surgery because their bodies are growing too fast. Any sort of internal hardware wouldn't grow with them. So splitting in the proper position and limiting movement for longer might be the recommendation.

A really complex brake might require amputation. Which is not as bad for cats as it is for humans. They adjust very quickly to being down a leg.

Cost could be anywhere from $100-$1000 depending on what is needed. If you want to keep her, talk with the vet and see if they will work with you on payment. If she needs more treatment and can't work out payments sometimes the hardest choice is the best one.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We got the results from the vet and her bone was supposed to be straight right, and it moved to the side due to the accident.

We had to pay $230 for check up and xray.
She needed surgery and it was going to cost $1400-$3000... I had to make the decision of surrendering her... It hurts so much... We can't even re adopt her...

I was only able to see her and say good bye.

This is such a heart breaking experience for me.... I dont understand why we have to go through such hard times again and again. It never stops...

I had to surrender the one that was closest to my heart...

I am glad I had you all to help me.. thank you so much for all the help...

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It just hurts now that I won't wake up to her calling for me.

I won't be able to carry her, hug her, kiss her...

Her mom doesn't even know about what happened...

I just really hope they don't put her down.. She has so much love to give, especially to her future family.

I hope she finds amazing ones that can provide her love, and provide for her financially..

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I may be inhumane for not wanting to surrender the others. But all i know is that someday, ill be able to provide for them. As soon as this pandemic is gone, I know that i will strive to finish college, and get a job so that i can afford to keep them. It wont take too long if the virus is gone..

I was honestly willing to give up everything to keep her..

I know i WILL BE ABLE to provide for them in the future.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
HelloNingNing HelloNingNing , I am so so sorry you had to make such a tough decision. And, your best girl. Believe me, we have cheered you along the way and understood the desire to hang on to your family of cats. You have done an awesome job, and you all got them all spayed and neutered and vetted before anyone got pregnant. You made sure they got the best food you could afford, you made toys for them, play with them and have loved them fiercely.
I’m crying with you. As loving as she is, and young, she will go to a good home. They had to have you surrender her in order to get her into a foster home that handles cases like this, as well as dealing with the medical part of it all. They foster for the humane society. Believe me, they care deeply and often times someone who can afford the care will adopt her. It doesn’t ease your mind right now, how could it, but she will be okay.
This pandemic is especially hard on you seniors. Again, I’m so sorry.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m so sorry you are going through this. Will they give you updates on how she is doing? Do you have a friend or family member who might be able to adopt her and possibly get her back to you eventually?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry you are going through this. Will they give you updates on how she is doing? Do you have a friend or family member who might be able to adopt her and possibly get her back to you eventually?
Yes. They gave us a number to call for updates..

We have thought about friends to adopt her for us but we are still unsure. We will still look into that though. 😭😭

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much 😭 I'm happy for her. I'm happy that she isn't going to suffer. Its just that its hard to sleep, knowing that she's not here. I woke up hearing her meows when she isn't even here. This is way too hard 😭😭😭

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We just got an update. They almost removed her leg. Good thing they were able to work around it and have her keep it.
They said were not allowed to see her at all due to separation anxiety that they might experience but I accept it.

I just hope they would send update pictures. To at least have a picture of her all good and healthy.

Since she also requires special care now, I know that it isn't good for her to come back here since its quite dangerous for her to be with her siblings.

I just really hope that she finds an amazing family that can really love her unconditionally and give her lots of love.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You are a very compassionate person, and very mature. Thank goodness she didn’t need her leg amputated! They must have found a very skilled vet to do the surgery. I hope they’re able to share a photo or two. What’s her name? How are the rest of the kitties doing?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are a very compassionate person, and very mature. Thank goodness she didn’t need her leg amputated! They must have found a very skilled vet to do the surgery. I hope they’re able to share a photo or two. What’s her name? How are the rest of the kitties doing?
Her name is Bean. She was the sweetest out of the bunch 💛
IMG_20200424_224810_116.jpg

The rest of them are doing fine right now. 😊 We have been readjusting our livingroom to reduce their chances of getting into accidents. We have also been trying to keep them from running around way too much to avoid bumping into things, or us, that could injure them.

Anyways, the kitties have been very sweet. I think, more than normal. My mom thinks that they know we're sad. Ahha. We have been cuddling a lot too. 💛

Anyways, it sucks that something like that happened. Her running wasn't even that fast. The way she hit my leg did not hurt for me or anything. I'm now thinking that she might've ran into something else before she ran into me.

I really hope that they send us pictures.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
HelloNingNing HelloNingNing
Oh my, she is such a sweetheart Do you have any updates? Yes, that’s truly what you call a “freak accident “. She may have had weaker bones, too. I hope the rest of the bunch are giving you all lots of love. Hope you all are staying safe!