Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so thankful for everyones help. Thanks you for staying with me through this awfully stressful but happy journey. The vet didn't seem to say anything wrong about them after their operations but I'm overall really glad that they're all done. I wouldn't make it without you all 😭😭💖

Here are the boys
IMG_20200222_135007_299.jpg

Here are the girls
IMG_20200222_135406_658.jpg
IMG_20200222_135354_386.jpg

(They love to sleep on top of my messy desk and i know that they shouldn't jump or climb or anything but i can't stop them)

Anyways, they don't seem to have any problems with their incisions. Is bruising fine? Like slightly darkened colour around the incision?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bruising is normal. None of the females look very happy about the cones.
I know... but I can't really do anything about that. We have been very busy and removing the cones causes them to run around the room. They're falling asleep in the picture. Im just trying my best to keep them safe from hurting themselves and causing serious problems.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here are pictures of their incision. They look fine to me but this is just for update photos.
IMG_20200222_122647_027.jpg

(This is the one that I thought was bruising)
IMG_20200222_160235_255.jpg

IMG_20200222_160254_537.jpg

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They look so adorable! Your boys and girls are so big now. You are doing such an amazing job. It’s hard to believe they will soon be seven months old.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They look so adorable! Your boys and girls are so big now. You are doing such an amazing job. It’s hard to believe they will soon be seven months old.
YES HUHU. THE BOYS ARE REALLY HEAVY TOO. 😢😂😂 I CANT BBEILEVE THEY'RE GROWING SO FAST 😢😢😭😭💖

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
By the way, momma cat doesn't seem to like the boys. She attacks them when they get close to her. And also, the boys would still follow the girls when they see them. What do i do? Are they just curious?

Also, the girls are almost healed completely!! Momma cats incision is like 99% gone.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The males still have testosterone for awhile. It will diminish over time and they will eventually calm down. In the meantime, they also may just want to play. Good to hear that everyone is doing well! :)

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Momma might not recognize them since they went to the vet separately. Furballsmom Furballsmom , could you explain scent swapping or share some articles to help? Not feeling very well.

Also, cats will always sniff butts... it’s a cat thing too.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
By the way, momma cat doesn't seem to like the boys.
Jewely Jewely get better fast!

HelloNingNing HelloNingNing In case there's more to this than momma wanting them away from her because she wants them "out of the nest" so to speak, you could take a cloth, gently rub it on momma to get her scent on it, and then rub that on the boys so that her scent is transferred to them. Try this a couple times and see if it helps things :).

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
By the way, have you guys heard of this brand?

Screenshot_20200301-120701_Google.jpg
a
I think i asked about it here before but i cant find it.

My mom used it on the girls without my permission. I'm just scared that it could be toxic if they lick their fur afterwards. The reviews seem fine but cats are good at hiding their sickness so..

Any thoughts? She used the lavender one.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The product says its ingredients are plant based. One reviewer I saw said she towels her cats, and dog off after using this, she's not ever had problems.

You could take a damp towel, wipe them, and then a dry towel :).