Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kittens should be able to go together in the single large carrier. The facility will give instructions as to what to do before and after spaying. Usually it is no more than observing to make sure they are okay.

I think finding homes has been discussed a few times previously on your thread over the past few months. Ask your mother to make an appointment to get the boys neutered when she is at the facility. This needs to happen as soon as possible and will calm the boys down, then everyone can hang out together again.

You should not need to purchase anything special for the appointment.
Okay thank you!!!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gosh.. what a hectic morning.
1, we weren't sure if our ride was going to come.
2, my mom fell down the stairs while we were trying to carry the cage.
3, since she fell, we kinda dropped the cage and the bottom tray slid out.
4, one of the kittens escaped and almost got away.

It was so stressful. I was so scared that we were gonna lose our little Tofu. It was FREEZING AS WELL. -21 AND SHE RAN TO OUR BACK YARD FENCE, SNOW WAS UP TO OUR KNEES BACK THERE AND HER HEAD GOT STUCK IN THE FENCE AND GOOD THING SHE WAS ABLE TO COME OUT.

I feel like our cats were so traumatized. They haven't eaten since last night, they were caged up for about 30 mins to an hour, and it was freezing out.

I'm not sure if they got into the the humane society building safely and on time, and im worrying non stop about them escaping at that location really far from us because of that stupid cage.

We might have to bus them later on the way home as well, I'm so scared.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The workers will take care of them at the shelter. Just be careful with the cage on the way home! Once home, you can feed them all they want. In a couple of days they will forget all about this! Don’t forget to make neuter appointments for the boys! :)

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ITS FINALLY OVER!! IM SO HAPPY!!
IMG_20200219_163329_561.jpg
IMG_20200219_163202_694.jpg

They were really quiet at the clinic and on the way home. But once we walked into our house, they all meowed and tried to escape their carriers. They are now in our bedroom eating. THEYRE SO HUNGRY.

We only got 1 cone for the three and only the mom seems to be more bothered by her stitches. Not trying to crazily lick it but its quite hard to put the cone on her since the cone is harder to put on.

Anyways, we are planning to set an appointment for the boys and they told us that there are spots available in the end of April and the beginning of May.

The girls are now spayed, vaccinated, tattooed, and now have permits 😭😭💖💖 (not sure why but the tattoos and permits are free this year) I'm so happy!!!!!! Thank you all for the help and support!!!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Glad they are home! Does mom have dissolving stitches? She really does not need the cone. It will make her miserable. You need to grab those appointments for the boys asap. Keep us posted!
The mom stopped but one of the kittens keeps licking it! I tried putting a sock on her but i think i just hurt her or she was being stressed because of it.

My mom said when the stitches begin to heal, they will itch and would want to lick more, what do i do?

Kitty wont stop licking and keeps taking the cone off no matter how tight we put it on her without choking her.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kitty is getting more used to it and is getting tired of trying to remove the cone.

Are we allowed to keep them three together in one room? With us? I'm scared to sleep. We have carriers but they were cheap enough for one of the kittens to rip the mesh? Front part of it? Plus the other big cage.
How should I prepare for the night?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How long will it take till we can let them lick their stomachs again?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mostly you want to try and keep them from jumping up or down, or playing too hard as best you can. If they are too rambunctious, the cage or a carrier or two may be necessary.

You are looking for the skin to remain dry and not irritated so that the wound can close and the skin covers over, so that's why they need to not lick.
Once that happens, and the stitches have dissolved and any scabs are gone, they probably won't be itchy any more.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
alright!! I will try my best to keep them from playing. The three of them are in our bedroom with us at the moment. The other two don't seem to be licking their stitches yet but were uncomfortable of keeping them alone in each room without cones. We will get two more cones tomorrow and ill make sure to separate them then.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The humane society emailed earlier and told us that our boys are set to get fixed tomorrow!! I'm so happy that everyone is getting things done, soon, they can finally hang out again without us having to worry about anyone getting pregnant!! :"))))

Anyways, we kept the girls together in our room with us. I don't think that they played or anything, but they do keep jumping on our bed and on our dressers. Although when we catch them doing that, we put them in the cage. And since we only have 1 cone, I made 2 more out of poster paper. Do I have to keep the cones on until their stitches have healed? They keep licking.
Is it also normal for them to always sleep at this time? Or is that caused by the cone?

Sorry if I'm always asking the same thing.

Also, will it be okay to leave them alone tomorrow?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also, will it be okay to leave them alone tomorrow?
Probably. There was another member who strategically placed lots of pillows and some chairs to try and decrease the chances of jumping.

The cone slows them down/makes it harder to move, maybe that's why they are sleeping more? In the other hand, sleep is the best thing for promoting healing :)

The cones need to be on until they aren't licking the incision area.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can remove the cones so they can eat more easily. The boys will not need cones. It’s normal for cats to lick their incision areas. If they are licking - not picking at - the area it’s okay. So excited to hear that everyone will be fixed, so no more worries! :)

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is it okay to leave the boys in 1 room together now? Its been a long busy day for me and also for them but they have so much energy that i cant keep up with them anymore. Its about 8pm now and i woke up at 5 because of the girls.

The boys do lick their incisions but they dont seem to lick it or nibble on it. I tried putting cones but they were too small that they could still reach. Maybe ill try again tomorrow.

The vet said that they will heal in 3-4 days?
Does that mean that they can go back into playing, running and jumping?