Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry I didn’t get a notification for this HelloNingNing HelloNingNing ! A month of exams? Wow!
How’s it going with the gang?
ITs okayyy!!.
HAHA NOT FOR THE WHOLE MONTH. BUT I GUESS KIND OF? English provincials began on the 7th and lasted for 4 days. Then i have 3 more exams towards the end of the month so i guess i can say a month of exams HAHA.

They are doing well!! I think theyre a bit bored because they are kind of lacking in toys. I don't have many to choose from in dollar stores.

Just found out that the spaying is set for February 19th.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Help... momma cat is in heat... im kweping her warm right now and giving her lots of petting. What to do??? 😭😭

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shes been making noises since yesterday hut ive only seen her put her bum up today.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This will last for up to a week. She’s not to go outside nor can she be around her male offspring. There’s nothing else you can do but wait it out. I hope she’s getting spayed next month because cats can go into heat every 2 to 4 weeks.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Would i need to know if my cat is pregnant before spaying? Like im just curious. What if they are right now without us knowing and they get spayed??

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Would i need to know if my cat is pregnant before spaying? Like im just curious. What if they are right now without us knowing and they get spayed??
Keep an eye on her litter, are the males biting her neck or attempting to mount her? Generally its a good idea to know if they are pregnant before spaying... Especially I just lost a cat after spaying but partially the vet's fault and my own due to no bloodwork being done most likely.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Keep an eye on her litter, are the males biting her neck or attempting to mount her? Generally its a good idea to know if they are pregnant before spaying... Especially I just lost a cat after spaying but partially the vet's fault and my own due to no bloodwork being done most likely.
We really do our best when keeping them separated. We sometimes catch them trying to bite the girls on the neck but we instantly separate them after that. They only see each other during meals and playtime.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am quite scared. All i know is that ive been keeping them separated at all times but im not sure about my family. Anyways, both the female kittens have darkened nipples 😭😭😭😭. Would it be wrong to spay without knowing if they're pregnant?
Although i think they'll get checked out when we take them to humane society

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They need to be spayed regardless. Half grown kittens do not have any business having kittens, and the kittens would run the risk of having birth defects since it’s a brother mating with a sister.
So it wont cause trouble or anything?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No. PLEASE get her spayed! Doing so will increase her quality of life exponentially.

We will!!! Their spaying is next week wednesday!!! I'm excited for them :))).

How long will it take until they can hang with the boys?

Is it okay to keep spayed kittens with un neutered males?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, because the boys will want to mate still. When are they getting neutered? That needs to be done asap also.
[/QUOTE
No, because the boys will want to mate still. When are they getting neutered? That needs to be done asap also.
We didn't make them an appointment yet. We are like 100% broke right now and when my mom's money comes in, we have other bills to pay. We will try though.. My mom still doesn't have a job.
I need to start putting up the boys for adoption. What is the great way to do so? huhu.

Also, after reading the kitten spaying precautions, i'm scared. We only have 1 big cage for the three and after looking for carriers at like a dollar store, the cheapest we could find were small and weren't even hard plastic. Not sure if they were going to be big enough even for the kitties. Dusty litter is a problem too?
I don't know how to prepare them for the spaying and what i need to do when we get there. I'm also not even sure if i can go because its also an important day at school that I cannot miss so my mom might have to take over.
Money will come in on the same day so maybe we can buy things we might need, but I also don't have an idea of what to buy.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We didn't make them an appointment yet. We are like 100% broke right now and when my mom's money comes in, we have other bills to pay. We will try though.. My mom still doesn't have a job.
I need to start putting up the boys for adoption. What is the great way to do so? huhu.

Also, after reading the kitten spaying precautions, i'm scared. We only have 1 big cage for the three and after looking for carriers at like a dollar store, the cheapest we could find were small and weren't even hard plastic. Not sure if they were going to be big enough even for the kitties. Dusty litter is a problem too?
I don't know how to prepare them for the spaying and what i need to do when we get there. I'm also not even sure if i can go because its also an important day at school that I cannot miss so my mom might have to take over. What should i ask her to make sure of? What should i make her ask the people at SNAP?
Money will come in on the same day so maybe we can buy things we might need, but I also don't have an idea of what to buy.
What should we make sure that we have at home after they come back?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
These may help;

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kittens should be able to go together in the single large carrier. The facility will give instructions as to what to do before and after spaying. Usually it is no more than observing to make sure they are okay.

I think finding homes has been discussed a few times previously on your thread over the past few months. Ask your mother to make an appointment to get the boys neutered when she is at the facility. This needs to happen as soon as possible and will calm the boys down, then everyone can hang out together again.

You should not need to purchase anything special for the appointment.