Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That’s good they’re eating! Try to get some sleep, or are you on winter break yet?
Nope not yet! I napped and woke up to finish up some homework. Friday will be our last day before winter break ❤

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw that their vomit could be caused by eating too fast. The male kitten that vomits did it again this morning, and it looks like the food he ate was the dry food i left for them and they weren't fully chewed up.
I just don't know about the female. She eats very little and then vomits a few mins after.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you been able to find out how much a neuter costs? Please ask your mother to find out.

Your cats may have a bug that will pass, or they may need meds like metronidazole to clear up the diarrhea. They clearly are not well if they are vomiting and barely eating.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally agree with you :"(( I keep telling her about it but shes busy as well. UGH. I would call the shelter on my own if i had time and the confidence to. I might try later :/// I didn't know that it works that way.... I'm afraid that they have done it if that's the case..
If she's not doing it and keeps putting it off then yes, you need to take charge and call. If the Kittens really are sick with something they need to be seen by a vet in addition to needing to be spayed/neutered, being sick is worse for very young Cats just the same as it is for very young Humans because their immune systems are not fully developed and it's harder for them to fight off illnesses.

Plus, once the males mature at around a year they may well start spraying in the house, guaranteed they will if there are unspayed females present, and at the rate your mom is dragging her feet it will probably turn out like that. Light a fire under her, do what you have to do to get things moving or it's not going to turn out well at all.

These are living things and neglecting them will have very real, and quite possibly very bad consequences.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If she's not doing it and keeps putting it off then yes, you need to take charge and call. If the Kittens really are sick with something they need to be seen by a vet in addition to needing to be spayed/neutered, being sick is worse for very young Cats just the same as it is for very young Humans because their immune systems are not fully developed and it's harder for them to fight off illnesses.

Plus, once the males mature at around a year they may well start spraying in the house, guaranteed they will if there are unspayed females present, and at the rate your mom is dragging her feet it will probably turn out like that. Light a fire under her, do what you have to do to get things moving or it's not going to turn out well at all.

These are living things and neglecting them will have very real, and quite possibly very bad consequences.
You make a very good point. My mom finally called a shelter we thought might have a lower surrender cost but they said there's a long waiting list so they told us to contact Humane Society again. They said that Humane might be able to help us with the vet and all. Hopefully they can at least provide us with check ups, and maybe take the other kittens in to be adopted.

By the way, we offered the female kitten who wont eat a different flavoured food and my mom said that she ate a lot. She was also fed alone with the other female kitten. She has not vomited since lunch time which is good.

Although the male one that vomits still created a big mess earlier.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you been able to find out how much a neuter costs? Please ask your mother to find out.

Your cats may have a bug that will pass, or they may need meds like metronidazole to clear up the diarrhea. They clearly are not well if they are vomiting and barely eating.
I know.. 😭 which is why I'm worried.. We found another hospital that offers cheaper spay/neuter but we haven't called.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What price did they quote you in the paperwork? The $10 spay and $10 vaccines? The other hospital is cheaper? What’s the name of it? I hope they can give you a deal! The humane society will arrange to come get your kittens to spay/neuter them if you don’t have transportation.

Do they have runny noses or eye discharge? Do they feel feverish compared to their siblings?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You make a very good point. My mom finally called a shelter we thought might have a lower surrender cost but they said there's a long waiting list so they told us to contact Humane Society again. They said that Humane might be able to help us with the vet and all. Hopefully they can at least provide us with check ups, and maybe take the other kittens in to be adopted.

By the way, we offered the female kitten who wont eat a different flavoured food and my mom said that she ate a lot. She was also fed alone with the other female kitten. She has not vomited since lunch time which is good.

Although the male one that vomits still created a big mess earlier.
Something else you could do is keep trying to adopt them out yourselves. Post flyers, ask people you know to see if any of their friends would want to adopt, etc. That would save you from having to pay a surrender fee at least.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What price did they quote you in the paperwork? The $10 spay and $10 vaccines? The other hospital is cheaper? What’s the name of it? I hope they can give you a deal! The humane society will arrange to come get your kittens to spay/neuter them if you don’t have transportation.

Do they have runny noses or eye discharge? Do they feel feverish compared to their siblings?
$10 spay and $20 vaccine. We haven't called the other one. :// But updateeee!!!
They are all eating well now that we offered them fish flavoured wet food. None of them vomited or anything. And surprisingly, most of them lost their diarrhea. Their poop became solid now, keeping its shape.

Although i will still get them checked up asap.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
$10 spay and $20 vaccine. We haven't called the other one. :// But updateeee!!!
They are all eating well now that we offered them fish flavoured wet food. None of them vomited or anything. And surprisingly, most of them lost their diarrhea. Their poop became solid now, keeping its shape.

Although i will still get them checked up asap.
$10 for a spay/neuter? Set up an appointment and get that done ASAP, you're not going to find it for any less than that unless it's a place that does it free, but anywhere like that is going to have a waiting list probably months long.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a waiting list!! which is why we are trying to keep them separated right now.
How long is the waiting list? If it's much more than a week you'd be better off taking the males somewhere else to get taken care of ASAP even if it's more expensive rather than wait and risk something bad happening.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She can’t take them elsewhere do to their financial situation. I’m going to figure out how we can get a go fund me or some kind of fund raiser set up to help them out. She’s done such an amazing job with these kittens and mama.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are you on the waiting list for February?
Yes!
Merry Christmas by the way 💖💖

Its the holidays and many people are not working so we haven't called humane since they're probably closed.
We will though, asap.

Last edited:

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello!
They are so adorable! Do you have individual photos of them? Did the paperwork give you a specific date they would call you to get them done? If so when is it sent up for!
They are now five months old, wow! I hope they are being kept apart.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello!
They are so adorable! Do you have individual photos of them? Did the paperwork give you a specific date they would call you to get them done? If so when is it sent up for!
They are now five months old, wow! I hope they are being kept apart.
Hello!! at some point, we thought that one of the girls were pregnant. We are still hoping that she isn't. its so hard to tell because she is very affectionate since the beginning! I think her stomach was bigger than the other girl but i think most of them have slightly bi stomachs due to not being dewormed yet. I am still checking!! Her nipples don;t look very dark and i don't think she has morning sickness. Anyways, we are trying our best to keep them separated.

I dont remember the exact date but my mom said that the girls are set first!!! Especially since we don't want momma cat to go in heat anytime soon. It is sometime in early February.

By the way, how long will we have to keep them separated after being spayed???

Also, the kitten that i thought was pregnant has a smelly bum. Its not all the time but she has been smelly a few times.

And i know that always changing their food is bad but thats the only way theyll eat. They love new flavours each day!!

We have all been busy, this month is exam month for me. Thank you once again!! And Happy New YEAR!!!!!!! <333
3y +Ne+w