Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry about all of your stress. Do you think she might have gotten into something? Have you actually seen the boys mounting the girls? At four months old, it’s unlikely a male is capable, but I’m not an expert on the subject. They will be five months old at the end of the month, though and so if not now, eventually if not fixed, as we already know. Like Sarthur2 Sarthur2 mentioned, do the boys first and go from there. Did they ever give you guys a price? We will work on getting something together next month to help you guys out.

How much is the surrender fee? Do they take income into consideration? I know this is a tough spot.

As far as the vomiting, keep an eye on her to see if she may have eaten something, and watch her litterbox habits too. Is she still playing and acting the same? Is she one with diarrhea as well? My boy like, no loves to chew on plastic, hair bands, rubber bands, even leaves dragged in from outdoors! We have to be very careful what we leave out. This time last year he ate a bread tie, with the metal! Thankfully he’s never had a blockage but he’s either thrown things back up or pooped out quite a few surprises over the years, especially when he’s stressed. If you ever think any of them may have eaten something that needs to “pass” with some help, you can just use some petroleum jelly and it will help. Now if it’s something toxic, it won’t help. Let me know your thoughts on the possibility that she might just be sick or have gotten into something. Without older males in the house, I’d be shocked if she’s pregnant.

Hang in there!

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lutece lutece
Can you help us with your knowledge about cat fertility regarding Helloningning’s (age 17) current situation? Her kittens turned four months old the end of November. She has four females and two males and can’t get them fixed until February. She’s worried that one of the kittens is pregnant based on her last post. Is it possible for a four month old male to be able to reproduce? There are no other males in the house.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard of a couple of cases where a 4 month old male was able to get his sister pregnant, although this is not common. It is more likely to happen at 5-6 months or older. But even though it is not common at 4 months, I would definitely still separate boys and girls at all times to prevent accidental pregnancy.

As for the kitten mentioned, I don't see any post listing her suspected pregnancy symptoms? I would suspect illness or maybe parasites to be more likely than pregnancy, if the main symptom is vomiting.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Yes, they have not been dewormed and the mother was a stray they took in. I hope they can keep them separated until they get fixed and see the vet.
Keeping an eye on them won’t be enough, as it can happen quickly. I hope your mother will keep that in mind.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that "keeping an eye on them" is not enough. A successful mating takes only a few seconds, and some males are very sneaky. Keeping them in separate rooms at all times will prevent pregnancy. Separating them may also help to resolve their digestive issues more quickly. When a lot of cats are kept together, illness tends to bounce back and forth between all the cats and this can make it more difficult for them to get well.

If the males are neutered before the girls are spayed, it is important to keep them separated for a few weeks after the surgery, as males can continue to be fertile for a while after they are neutered.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all the information!! I didn't know that it could take only a few seconds!! Whenever they are together and we hear he females screaming, it is usually when the males are starting to force them to mate so we separate them from each other. Maybe this is how it happened.. maybe we weren't paying attention at all and they just did it. Unfortunately, i am not home most of the time due to school and like i said, im not sure how much attention my mom is putting into them. So i don't really know....

Update: they all wont eat? some will but not a lot. They have been like this all day. They're just picking on their food, except for momma cat. And they all have wet poop, more wet than before. Its literally so runny like water, light brown colored.
The kitten who we think is pregnant threw up again but acts the same. Playful, and affectionate.

Here are the admission fees. I will ask my mom if we can talk to them about paying the fees little by little.
1576648589142.png

I love them but i really want to surrender them asap. I don' want them to suffer because of us...

I try my best to keep them from getting into human food.. although we do have random junk on our table that has little things that they might've eaten. We also have garbage bags filled with clothes somewhere in our bedroom so i think that's also causing the problem... They like to chew on them and we just try to scare them off... Were quite busy :"(((

I thought things would be okay by this time :"( I went ahead of myself and forgot about the bad things that could happen.

I am thankful for all of you. I wouldn't know what to do if i didn't have you :"((

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope they never did it because whenever we catch them, the boys are just starting to mount. The girls are quite feisty.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please put the boys in a room alone when you are not home. What are the fees to neuter the boys? This would solve the mating problem.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that "keeping an eye on them" is not enough. A successful mating takes only a few seconds, and some males are very sneaky. Keeping them in separate rooms at all times will prevent pregnancy. Separating them may also help to resolve their digestive issues more quickly. When a lot of cats are kept together, illness tends to bounce back and forth between all the cats and this can make it more difficult for them to get well.

If the males are neutered before the girls are spayed, it is important to keep them separated for a few weeks after the surgery, as males can continue to be fertile for a while after they are neutered.
Completely agree with this, I do animal rescue work and I've seen it happen. If you do not keep them separated AT ALL TIMES you will 100%, absolutely, positively, for sure, no doubt about it end up with pregnant Kittens. Just watching them when they are playing together is not enough as it does not take long at all, even walking out of the room to get something to drink is more than enough time. If they are not kept separated there is no if it will happen, IT WILL HAPPEN.

You really need to drill this into your mom's head because it sounds like she is being very irresponsible about the whole thing. Unless you actually want more Kittens, when you are not home she really needs to step it up and make sure she keeps the males in a different room AT ALL TIMES.

If she needs more motivation than that, then make sure she understands that a Cat getting pregnant that young can easily result in death. It is unlikely a 4 month old Kitten will be able to carry a litter to term, let alone deliver them safely, and even if she does the Kittens could well be sickly or have birth defects and not survive, or worse need to be euthanized.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Completely agree with this, I do animal rescue work and I've seen it happen. If you do not keep them separated AT ALL TIMES you will 100%, absolutely, positively, for sure, no doubt about it end up with pregnant Kittens. Just watching them when they are playing together is not enough as it does not take long at all, even walking out of the room to get something to drink is more than enough time. If they are not kept separated there is no if it will happen, IT WILL HAPPEN.

You really need to drill this into your mom's head because it sounds like she is being very irresponsible about the whole thing. Unless you actually want more Kittens, when you are not home she really needs to step it up and make sure she keeps the males in a different room AT ALL TIMES.

If she needs more motivation than that, then make sure she understands that a Cat getting pregnant that young can easily result in death. It is unlikely a 4 month old Kitten will be able to carry a litter to term, let alone deliver them safely, and even if she does the Kittens could well be sickly or have birth defects and not survive, or worse need to be euthanized.
I totally agree with you :"(( I keep telling her about it but shes busy as well. UGH. I would call the shelter on my own if i had time and the confidence to. I might try later :/// I didn't know that it works that way.... I'm afraid that they have done it if that's the case..

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of the male kittens threw up in front of us. I'm starting to think that they are all getting sick. Not all of them are eating their food. They never chase me whenever i prepare it now. Right when they lick it, they stop. I didn't even change their food at all, and we keep their water clean.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The one that started throwing up first has clear vomit now. I'm afraid that she is not eating at all. The other one is chunky since he eats quite a bit. WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE THEM EAT? :"((((((((((((( IM SCARED

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I GAVE HER LIKE A TINY BIT OF MACKEREL AND SHE ATE IT, SHOULD I OFFER THEM SEAFOOD WETFOOD?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Female kitten who vomits ate like a teaspoon worth of wet food.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That’s good!

Homemade pedialyte solution for the ones who may need it

1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons sugar
1 liter warm water

Mix it with their food if they are eating. Try to offer the food with your finger. You can put some in bowls or get a syringe and give it to them directly. You don’t want them getting dehydrated. Look on YouTube how to check. Gerber 2nd stage meat baby food is also very enticing.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Something like this, with just meat, water and cornstarch. It also comes in turkey, ham and beef.

D9F28B49-3CE3-4FF3-BA98-ABBB4E1CD361.jpeg

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will try that tomorrow morning!! Hopefully they'll eat. They won't eat together anymore. Did i mention them sharing 1 plate?

Thank you again for the help!! They drink water which is good. Although i don't see her drink much.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First time I've seen her eat properly for the past 2-3 days. Gave her most of the liquid from the wetfood and that seems to be what she likes at the moment.
20191219_004744.jpg

Last edited:

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That’s good they’re eating! Try to get some sleep, or are you on winter break yet?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:( they are seriously sick. Kitten vomits food out after meal..

They all also have really really wet poop like
20191219_011146.jpg
this... what to do whatto doo