Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kitten will probably be okay. Cover food on the counter!

Did a kitten get scratched by another perhaps? Check all the kittens over for bites or scratches.

How old are the kittens now?
OKAY THANK YOU!
THEY ARE ABOUT 11 WEEKS OLD NOW.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are old enough to go to their new homes now.
They still drink milk from momma cat though. I will try to give them out soon. Im still looking for adoptees that i think would be caring enough. They also get separation anxieties or something. They cry a lot whenever they're alone

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
IMG_20191019_111236_195.jpg

is it safe to use wipes like these around kittens? Is the scent fine? Like i know cats dislike the smell of lemon and my mom thinks its useful to keep them off of the counters.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Yes, those are fine as long as the area is dry before they jump up there. You don’t want it on their paws. Fill a jar wil pennies, and when they jump up there, shake it. Have one by the front door as well. Wait, does Canada still use pennies? :p You might have to use screws if you don’t have any pennies. Something that makes noise.
Hopefully they will associate the noise with the counter and stay off! Keep all food put away, even bread!

How are they doing? How about you? Show us some updated pics!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am doing
Hi!
Yes, those are fine as long as the area is dry before they jump up there. You don’t want it on their paws. Fill a jar wil pennies, and when they jump up there, shake it. Have one by the front door as well. Wait, does Canada still use pennies? :p You might have to use screws if you don’t have any pennies. Something that makes noise.
Hopefully they will associate the noise with the counter and stay off! Keep all food put away, even bread!

How are they doing? How about you? Show us some updated pics!

I'm doing great! Still kind of struggling financially tho. My mom is struggling to find a job. She applied to a lot already. Kinda sucka considering she has lots of experience and good grades huhu.

Anyways, i read that kittens can mate as early as 3 months? HUHUHU they're not spayed/neutered yet so im worried.

Also they have not been dewormed or vaccinated.. some have mushy poop. Sometimes they have runny.. i know its bad but ugh. Their poo is really smelly too.

What's the best way to find adoptees? Is it best to charge people money for a kitten? I was thinking that if its free, owners wont really treat it as important compared to an expensive one.. i don't know...

Anyways here are some pics haha they are so BIG. They love to sleep on my lap when i sit on the ground after i interrupt them from sleeping hehe.
IMG_20191013_134342_031.jpg
IMG_20191020_110619_065.jpg
20191012_131653.jpg

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One kitten still won't stop biting and attacking. He doesnt attack all the time but when i sit on the floor. He attacks my legs, arms and feet. Sometimes i can't even carry him. He just plays too aggressively. I mean i dont really play with him using my hands but when i try to carry him, thats when he becomes aggressive most of the times. I think my family plays with him with their hands when im not around so maybe that's one of the reasons.

I tried blowing at his face when he bites, hissing and pushing him away but he will pull himself closer to my arm and wrap himself around it. Only water works right now. And not gonna lie. My family does lightly hit his face when he's too much.

I don't get wounds from his bites but they are starting to become painful.

What else can i do? huhu. Itll be hard to give him away because of his behaviour.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ask your family to use only toys to play with him - no hands. Ask them to hiss at him if he is being aggressive. Let them know he needs to be trained. Most kittens will grow out of this stage eventually.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We need to give the kittens away soon.. we still have not found a home. What would be the best way to put them up for adoption? Like how would i know that good people will take care of them?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your best bet is to contact a nearby no-kill shelter and let them find homes for the kittens. That way they get shots and spayed and neutered, and the shelter checks out the adopters.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your best bet is to contact a nearby no-kill shelter and let them find homes for the kittens. That way they get shots and spayed and neutered, and the shelter checks out the adopters.
We will. We are planning to take three cats to the shelter as much as it hurts huhu. They'll be better off there than with us..

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
By the way, can kittens eat Temptations treats?? Beef one.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
None of the kittens have been dewormed or anything and it scares me because i just saw blood in both of the female kitties' stool. Mostly all of them has been having wet stool. Some just mushy, and others are soft but have a form.

We are planning to give 3 of the male kittens up soon and keep all females(momma and 2 kitties) and have them fixed and checked out soon(hopefully).

But i can't avoid getting worried. My mom has only decided to contact SNAP(the organization to help with fixing cats) tomorrow... HOPEFULLY...

But is there any way i can remove the blood? Its not visible all the time.. i only saw it today since they didn't cover it well.

I'm thinking about carrots or pure pumpkin to mix with their food.
IMG_20191104_211609_771.jpg

We have been struggling financially since the beginning, and then got into a very rough situation. We will get help financially soon and hopefully be able to provide veterinary care for momma and the other 2 females this november.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Blood in the stool is usually indicative of parasites or intestinal bacterial infection. Usually a round of metronidazole will cure it.

Sometimes it can be food related, as in a food such as fish causing irritation. Chicken is always better.

Keep in mind that parasites and worms are two different things.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I havent dewormed them at all. If its parasite, is the metronidazole safe to do at home?
I always feed them turkey and giblets wetfood, chicken kitten chow.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi!
I know it’s tough but your mom needs to take action and turn in the kittens before it gets too hard for them to get adopted. They are three months old, the perfect age for adopting out. The older they get, the harder it is for kittens to find homes. She needs to see things from their angle as well. This not on you, because I know you tried, but it’s time to get insistent. They need medical treatment as well.

Next month the girls could start to go into heat. Fortunately you live in an extremely frigid climate so hopefully not, lol! But if she waits too long and one of them escapes outdoors, bam, pregnant. And possibly lost. It’s possible that’s what happened to your precious baby girl! She was possibly someone’s kitty and snuck out while in heat Then the cycle repeats itself. So don’t think just by keeping the girls that will stop them from breeding. They will find a way. It’s their nature to breed. So that’s why it’s better to get them spayed or find them a home now while they are young and adorable. Maybe compromise and just keep one girl and mom? Part of me hates to say anything because I don’t want you stressing out. Your mom sounds like she has a big heart. It’s just crazy how hardwired cats are to breed. Purely instinctive.

Again, none of this is to make you feel bad. We need to find a way to get the facts and statistics to your mom. Tell her that’s what you guys should do for the holidays if you celebrate, is get them to the clinic, haha!

As far as their poop, have they gotten into any human food again?

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It froze up on me because I took so long to write!

Anyway, like Sarther2 said, other food or new food can cause it. Look around to see what else they might be getting into.

I’m glad your mom is getting ready to look into SNAP help, and let’s hope she follows through! It’s time to take some stress off of you as well as help the kitties feel better!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It froze up on me because I took so long to write!

Anyway, like Sarther2 said, other food or new food can cause it. Look around to see what else they might be getting into.

I’m glad your mom is getting ready to look into SNAP help, and let’s hope she follows through! It’s time to take some stress off of you as well as help the kitties feel better!
Snap needs proof about some help we are getting from the government or something, proving that we need cheaper vet care. (My mom is waiting for results or something and that will probably come by this weekend). SNAP i think only starts spaying when kittens reach 4 months of age.

I found a friend who would take one of the male kittens as long as he's neutered. The other friend of mine decided that she wasnt ready to take 1 or 2 :/. Anyways, I told my mom my decision of giving up the other 2 male kitties. I told her that theyll get adopted quicker since theyre young and cute.

I just worry about the other male kitten. He still bites! Especially when you walk near him, he will playfully attack your leg. Playful but harsh so i am scared that he wont get adopted.

I dont think the kittens are eating any other human food. We try our best to always keep the kitchen clean now.

Anyways, I'm glad i have them but i hate how its all bad timing. My mom doesn't work, and i havent even graduated high school yet. If only i can have someone foster them and id wanna take them back when i start working. I'll probably start working by 2021. Huhuhu....

Thank you all for the help.. ill make sure that we will make the right choices for them.

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its just so hard to choose. Especially the girls.. its so hard to give at least one of them up. Theyre all so sweet..
I cant imagime coming home and not having both greet me.. they rub themselves on me, purring and meowing.... asking for some petting... it makes me so depressed to think that one will be gone..

Last saturday we had to like hide three of the male kittens since we werent allowed to have to many, and so i had to take them to my friends house. I had to leave so quickly because our landlord might get suspicious.. anyways, leaving them in a place theyre unfamiliar with just broke my heart so much. I was more stressed than they were that i started crying so hard when i got home even though i know that theyll be back with me in the evening.

This all just stresses me out and i hate how i cant afford to keep them all.. everything costs so much money...