Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How do i make sure that kittens won't pee on our couches when they grow up?? They're i think 8 weeks old now? And like for 1-2 weeks, our livingroom smelled like urine. So i finally got to clean our couches yesterday because they were soaked with pee and covered with poo. And i added peepads on our couches just so that i wouldn't have to clean them again.

They all know how to use the litter boxes and I've provided 3 in our livingroom. I even added one on the couch but they still decide to go on the actual cushion. My family and i are usually away during the day so i don't get to put them in the litter multiple times a day.

Also, they bite my hand when i grab them or put my hands close to them. They playfully attack it which is so bad :"((( How fo i stop this? We always have to carry them out of our kitchen or bedrooms when they go in which is why we always use our hands to hold them i guess.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, they bite my hand when i grab them or put my hands close to them. They playfully attack it which is so bad :"((( How fo i stop this? We always have to carry them out of our kitchen or bedrooms when they go in which is why we always use our hands to hold them i guess.
Can't say much for how to get them to stop using the furniture as a litterbox, but try hissing at them when they attack your hand.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is what our couch looks like. This one is the most peed on and we have another of the same one recently peed on by one of them as well.

It just looks so sad that i have to put these cardboard and barracades for them to stop using the couch to pee. I mean, it works HAHA

This is the one we don't cover and they use it

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Unless you clean it thoroughly with an enzyme cleaner, they will continue to be attracted to those spots. Their noses are way more sensitive than ours. You can use oxiclean, or a specific brand made for pets. Every inch cleaned.

For now buy a few cheap shower curtains and put them over your couches to protect them further. Then cover those with something washable and put on the pads and I see you put a litter box as well. Good idea. As long as they can smell their business, they’ll keep going up there. Look up how to clean cushions with oxiclean.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Unless you clean it thoroughly with an enzyme cleaner, they will continue to be attracted to those spots. Their noses are way more sensitive than ours. You can use oxiclean, or a specific brand made for pets. Every inch cleaned.

For now buy a few cheap shower curtains and put them over your couches to protect them further. Then cover those with something washable and put on the pads and I see you put a litter box as well. Good idea. As long as they can smell their business, they’ll keep going up there. Look up how to clean cushions with oxiclean.
I will try that when i get money!! Huhu. The smell has reduced A LOT. I've tried to suck up all the urine and then poured water on the spot they peed on and then tried sucking that up too with towels. I then sprayed the couch many times with a disinfectant and dried it, after that i use oxy clean and waited for that to dry too. I placed cardboard and pee pads on the couches hoping that the couches won't get wet. Although they do seem to avoid peeing on the couch if somethings covering it like i did with the crib thing HAHA.

I will repeat the process i did this weekend so that the smell can 100% go away.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the tips!!i will try my hardest to do them <3

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you line it wit trash bags instead if you have any to spare? They are aa lot of work! If you want them off the couch while you’re gone, some have had success with sheets of tinfoil, but that can be expensive too, but they won’t like the noise. Or a rag or two soaked in regular vinegar is off-putting! Some use orange peels because they don’t like citrus scents. Try it with them around first. Hopefully someone will come behind me in case they’re too young for this? They may or may not jump around them. Especially depending on their personalities!

Did the crib bars Work?:dizzycat:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you line it wit trash bags instead if you have any to spare? They are aa lot of work! If you want them off the couch while you’re gone, some have had success with sheets of tinfoil, but that can be expensive too, but they won’t like the noise. Or a rag or two soaked in regular vinegar is off-putting! Some use orange peels because they don’t like citrus scents. Try it with them around first. Hopefully someone will come behind me in case they’re too young for this? They may or may not jump around them. Especially depending on their personalities!

Did the crib bars Work?:dizzycat:
Well since they can't be in the position when peeing and pooping while on the bars, they don't really do it on there which is great. I will try tinfoil since its the safest out of all the smelly stuff. I'm just afraid that they'll try to eat it if they like it. Ill try to use garbage bags too. We have a lot of spares.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That could be a concern so maybe wait with that foil just a bit longer. Good thinking!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mom just bought a cheaper brand of litter. It isnt paper based and it isnt pellets. Its clay and im afraid that the kittens wont use it. The paper based litter was way too expensive for us. Anyways, its Special Kitty non clumping clay litter. Anything non clumping is fine right? If they eat quite a bit of it they wont die??

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Likely they will give it a taste and not think too much of it! It is safe for them if they nibble because it won’t clump up like a ball and clog them up like clumping could.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Likely they will give it a taste and not think too much of it! It is safe for them if they nibble because it won’t clump up like a ball and clog them up like clumping could.
THANK YOU! I noticed that too. They were waaaaaaaaaay too curious when they were younger. I'm glad that some adjusted very quickly to the new litter. One of them is cared of the noise the litter makes when being mixed around bhnunrgnrjbnmrkmbbm. Anyways, the litter is so dusty T-T although i did try sifting most of the dust off.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
KITTEN GOT ONTO THE COUNTER AND THERE WAS FISH STEW. I HAD TO USE THE RESTROOM QUICKLY AND WHEN I CAME BACK, THE KITTEN WAS EATING IT. THE STEW HAD BLACK BEANS, ONIONS. GARLIC, AND TOMATOES. ALSO MSG DJJFNJCKDF WHAT DO I DO

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kitten did not eat a lot of it tho. But he had some few licks of the sauce and maybe garlic. UGH DKJDNDNCND IM stressing out

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is also the second time ive spotted blood on the ground. My mom said it could be the mom on her period but i also have no idea if it came from any of the kittens.
IMG_20191016_071920_395.jpg
IMG_20191016_071928_648.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kitten will probably be okay. Cover food on the counter!

Did a kitten get scratched by another perhaps? Check all the kittens over for bites or scratches.

How old are the kittens now?