Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This cutie stared at me for a good 1 minute. Sniffed my finger without hissing UWU.
Is his normal HAHHA

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Send her mom the email and have her follow the instructions. It’s hard for me to speculate but she should know after seeing the email.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Send her mom the email and have her follow the instructions. It’s hard for me to speculate but she should know after seeing the email.

Alrighty thank youuu

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cancelled now kfckckd THEY wONT CALL. Even her mom doesn't want to cal like irkifkkfkkf.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hopefully it's okay to be moving them when momma cat wants to. She moved them into the closet which is the bad place cuz its full of bags and clothes. She placed like 2 of them on top which one almost rolled down.

Now i got an old base of a crib and placed it under this long chair we have. I placed them there but i’m afraid shell moved them again. She moves them like every 4-5 days or smtg. Running out of areas and cardboard to put them lol.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She could be moving them due to the fleas, I’m not sure. Please call the humane society. Ask them what you can do for the fleas. Don’t hesitate! Ask about the fleas, spaying and vaccinating mama and eventually the kittens. It just might all be free or very low cost. Write down your questions beforehand in case you get nervous. Can you call them today?

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you used Advantage II? it is a topical you place at the nape of mom's neck. The kittens are too young, but if you treat mom and then bathe the kittens in Dawn dish soap, dry the kittens and then comb any fleas out of their fur that are left.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you used Advantage II? it is a topical you place at the nape of mom's neck. The kittens are too young, but if you treat mom and then bathe the kittens in Dawn dish soap, dry the kittens and then comb any fleas out of their fur that are left.
I guess advantage II can be bought at walmart. I just hope the walmart we go to has it.

I'm just worried about the whole house tho.

Momma cat has been in every corner of it.
How do i know that all the fleas are gone in the house?

I'm going to talk to my mom about buying the treatment as well as dawn.
I'll try to convince her today as well.

Do i wash mom first and then wash the kittens once the fleas on momma are gone or?? Which way is the best?

Also, tips on how to kill fleas all around the house without using those bombs things? We have bug spray that kills fleas but what can we use on hard wood floor and walls? Does salt also work like it does on carpet? AHHA

Were trying to keep the expenses low.
I'll make sure to call the humane society tho.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of those questions you ask, I do not know. I am sure our experts will answer your questions in full, but the way I see it, put the Advantage II on mom, then wash the kittens at that point. I hope you can get hold of Advantage soon, the sooner the better because fleas can be dangerous for kittens because the flea "sucks the blood" out of the kitten, actually feeds on their blood. When you use a flea comb, or a very fine toothed come on a cat and you comb out a bunch of "dark colored crap" so to speak, that dark debris is actually dried blood. I would telephone Walmart and ask them if they sell Advantage II. More than likely they do. If not, call a local vet or a pharmacy such as Walgreens, CVS, etc. The sooner you can remedy your flea situation, the better! As far as de-fleaing your house, carpet, etc. our experts will have to help with those type of questions.:) You can launder any blankets, towels, etc. after you bathe the kittens.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, you can put salt on hardwood floors. You can leave it down about 24 hours since it’s not as hot and humid now, plus not on carpet. You can put it on your couches, except leather, I’m not sure. You can put it in your beds, just try not to brush it out for at least 12 hours. I might have to look that up.

Can you get capstar in Canada? I will come back later as I’m not feeling very well right now.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How many fleas do the kittens have? How old are they now? A flea comb might be enough, as bathing them might stress out Mama. We’ll see what Sarthur2 Sarthur2 thinks.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How many fleas do the kittens have? How old are they now? A flea comb might be enough, as bathing them might stress out Mama. We’ll see what Sarthur2 Sarthur2 thinks.
I can't tell how many fleas. I feel nervous when i handle them since they cry and momma cat reacts to it.

My mom finally called Humane Society.
They said we can't get them treated with anything unless we surrender them.

My mom told them that we wanted to keep them and we have the cat for more than 2 months now so they forwarded us to SNAP I dunno but they said they can help us with the expenses and all. Although were not sure yet since it was just an answering machine that answered to us. So hopefully they will call and help.

We already left them a message.

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kittens i think 15 or 16 days old now.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hopefully SNAP will offer cheap veterinary help.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Spay and Neuter

Go to this page of the website. It should take you to the spay and neuter snap section. It appears your kitties would qualify for $10 fees each based on your description of your family’s current situation with your mom being a student and not working at the moment. That’s an awesome deal! You can find out about the rest when they call you back.

ETA The necessary vaccines are also $10 each from what I see.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just looked at their Facebook page and cats can be fixed starting at ten weeks old at that clinic. Also, Jessica promises to return calls within one day. :catman:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Spay and Neuter

Go to this page of the website. It should take you to the spay and neuter snap section. It appears your kitties would qualify for $10 fees each based on your description of your family’s current situation with your mom being a student and not working at the moment. That’s an awesome deal! You can find out about the rest when they call you back.

ETA The necessary vaccines are also $10 each from what I see.
I don't know who told my mom but she said momma cats spaying will cost $25.

Thank you so much for finding more resources to help us. I really appreciate it.

I will make sure to let my mom know about everything.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So in the mean time I need to worry about the flea situation as well as deworming if i could. Is deworming as important as the fleas for kittens that ill need to do asap?

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When Jessica calls back, ask her opinion on what you should do about deworming . Does her poo stink really bad, or is she having diarrhea? Even if she isn’t, the fact that she’s been on the streets, she needs to be dewormed. But if she’s not having major issues than that can happen with the vet visit if it’s included.

That may well be the price, $25, but that would be for the spay, vaccines and whatever else they do for her. I’m thinking $20 according to what I read but that’s for a spay, testing and vaccines.

We took my boy to a regular vet for his neuter and shots plus a fecal and it was about US$300! That didn’t include the price of revolution we bought him ( for fleas).

Just relax. If your mom wants to keep them, ideally get mama spayed first, maybe with one other, then go from there. If you wait until ten weeks, you can take one in with her. Then do the others the next month perhaps? Maybe they’ll give you a deal!

Start getting together a playpen because they will be crawling around and ready to explore as each day goes by! Are they starting to play with each other? At about three weeks old, watch out, haha! Be ready. I’m glad you’ll get to see that before you go back to school.

Oh yeah, do you have a vacuum cleaner?