Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You keep saying "it is cold" where you are. You must be located south of the equator?
Its just cold at night. Around 10°C. Our heater is not on because its summer. We don't really have the control the heating because we live in an apartment.

I live in Winnipeg

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are there deworming medicines that i can give kittens once they've grown or is it better to just take them to the vet? I'm getting Advantage II hopefully soon for kittens and momma cat to treat their fleas.

I'm giving away 2 when they reach the right age.

And then I'm not sure about vaccines

I will have 3 kittens left with me. Ill still be looking for people who would want them. Will vaccines be necessary at an early age?
My mom will hopefully get a job soon before the year ends. And ill ask to save up for the expenses and slowly get each one treated.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, there are dewormers for when the kittens are a bit older. You can buy Drontal otc in Canada. They have to be 1kg to get it.

You should give the humane society a call and see what all they offer. I saw as far as spay/neuter it’s based on income and can be even $10 if you qualify. They do kittens at four months old. I didn’t see anything about vaccinations but may not all be on their website.

It seems like they have a very caring staff on hand and may even help you with adopting out the others (even to give you pointers). Give them a call soon so you’ll know what steps to take. You have to fill out forms, or your mom will.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, there are dewormers for when the kittens are a bit older. You can buy Drontal otc in Canada. They have to be 1kg to get it.

You should give the humane society a call and see what all they offer. I saw as far as spay/neuter it’s based on income and can be even $10 if you qualify. They do kittens at four months old. I didn’t see anything about vaccinations but may not all be on their website.

It seems like they have a very caring staff on hand and may even help you with adopting out the others (even to give you pointers). Give them a call soon so you’ll know what steps to take. You have to fill out forms, or your mom will.
THAT SOUNDS GREAT! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I WILL DEFINITELY TELL MY MOM ABOUT THAT!!

I already have plans except for vaccines. I will look for more options but humane society sounds great so far <3. I will also try to purchase the dewormers.

Hopefully we can get them fixed at 4 months since we are planning to go on a trip to the Philippines on December since tickets right now are on sale and we haven't been there for almost 7 years now.

I also think it would be easier for my friend to take care of them since she wouldn't have to worry about mating and all.

And hopefully we can get them spayed/neutered without paying too much. I just hope they don't ask to give them up.

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We might sound selfish about the money and all. Worrying about the kittens but going on a trip. A tornado recently happened 2 blocks away from my grandparents house a while ago and all my mom wants to do now is just get there because shes worried that it will happen again. Shes also planning to bring my grandma here just because of family reasons which is why the budget is quite tight.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey, I completely understand! Where I live we recently had several severe tornadoes and so many homes and businesses are destroyed or damaged. We had no damage but close by there was quite a bit. We’re not really in a tornado prone area, but close to one. And yet this happened!

I’m a first generation American in my family, as my parents are from Europe originally. So saving to visit or help your grandmother shouldn’t be looked down on because it’s important.

You have done well helping out this darling mama and her babies. You didn’t even know she was pregnant until the end. Many people would have just dumped her back out or taken her to a shelter. We know and appreciate the dedication you are showing them. They’ll know what love is and have a good healthy start for their forever families. Well socialized kittens are much easier to get adopted. So you don’t sound selfish to me at all!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey, I completely understand! Where I live we recently had several severe tornadoes and so many homes and businesses are destroyed or damaged. We had no damage but close by there was quite a bit. We’re not really in a tornado prone area, but close to one. And yet this happened!

I’m a first generation American in my family, as my parents are from Europe originally. So saving to visit or help your grandmother shouldn’t be looked down on because it’s important.

You have done well helping out this darling mama and her babies. You didn’t even know she was pregnant until the end. Many people would have just dumped her back out or taken her to a shelter. We know and appreciate the dedication you are showing them. They’ll know what love is and have a good healthy start for their forever families. Well socialized kittens are much easier to get adopted. So you don’t sound selfish to me at all!

Thank you so much for understanding :")).
We were just really scared that something might happen again.

I will do my best with the kittens as much as i can. They deserve to be taken care of and be loved by people. They are growing really well, some are starting to open their eyes as well. I am very excited and happy for them as a family. And i am so thankful for everyone's help in this website. Without you guys, i don't think i would've done the right things to help them grow healthy. ^-^ thank you VERYVERY MUCH <3

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Should momma cat be spayed asap? can she be spayed while nursing?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Should momma cat be spayed asap? can she be spayed while nursing?
It would be best to wait until she has weaned the Kittens before getting her spayed, otherwise it may cause her to stop nursing early if she has any pain or discomfort at the incision site.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It would be best to wait until she has weaned the Kittens before getting her spayed, otherwise it may cause her to stop nursing early if she has any pain or discomfort at the incision site.

OKAY THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Man... I've inhaled so much dust coming from the litter. I did not remove enough dust when i was trying to reduce it. My nose hurts and i feel like its the only thing i can smell now. Now i feel like its causing the kittens to sneeze. HOPEFULLY ITS WHAT'S CAUSING THE SNEEZES BECAUSE ITS THE ONLY THING THAT CAUSED MOMMA CAT TO SNEEZE BEFORE.

And i only hear them sneeze when they are nursing on momma cat. Huhuhu.

My dear lungs.... Their dear lungs.... djrjrfjrjcd

I've switched back to wood pellets today hut she didn't use it so then i had to mix some of her new pee and poo on top of it so that she gets familiar with the smell.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You can get the kittens vaccinated at 600 grams, which is around the five week old mark. You shouldn't re-home any of them until at least 12 weeks, as they will develop behavioural problems if they leave their mom too early. So they should at least have had their first round of jabs before going to a new home.

It's much safer this way too, if they go to a new home and get handled by lots of new people there is always the chance that they'll be exposed to something nasty.

How do the vets spay in your area? Is it a flank or a belly incision? A flank incision won't affect her ability to feed her kittens. I usually get my rescues spayed when the kittens are about 2 months old. I guess that will be the end of September in your case?

Could you make an appointment now? The cheaper clinics tend to be pretty busy, so making an appointment in advance is a good idea.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is uh.... flash bad for their eyes because.... i...
You can get the kittens vaccinated at 600 grams, which is around the five week old mark. You shouldn't re-home any of them until at least 12 weeks, as they will develop behavioural problems if they leave their mom too early. So they should at least have had their first round of jabs before going to a new home.

It's much safer this way too, if they go to a new home and get handled by lots of new people there is always the chance that they'll be exposed to something nasty.

How do the vets spay in your area? Is it a flank or a belly incision? A flank incision won't affect her ability to feed her kittens. I usually get my rescues spayed when the kittens are about 2 months old. I guess that will be the end of September in your case?

Could you make an appointment now? The cheaper clinics tend to be pretty busy, so making an appointment in advance is a good idea.
I'm not sure about the type of spaying they have but ill try to call asap. I have not asked my mom. We have a really tight budget. Maybe i can get them scheduled at around october or november. But i am still very unsure. Thanks for the information tho. I will keep that in mind and share it with my mom.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of the kittens are making noises. As in, it sounds like its making a loud gulping noise. I'm not sure how I'm going to explain.
Its kind of like gulping or choking noise. I've heard it 2x in different times.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Momma cat's poo poo is also so smelly but has a form. Its not just liquid. Its soft.
Not sure if its due to the mixture of 3 foods, litter, or parasites.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Momma cat moved them under the couch again but i caught her so she stopped. I know its bad but i had to put them back in the box. The floor is too cold for them to be there. Lots of dangers and they can easily get stuck down there.

How do i stop momma cat from moving them? It hasn't been a week since i made them their new nest. Should i change the bedding often?

She seems calm right now compared to the first time. She just sat beside me right now. She also allows me to cuddle her.

Last edited:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
By couch, i meant our 2nd couch. I've placed a blanket under the first couch she put them in, and now she moved them to the 2nd.

And since i moved them back, i placed more blankets under the couches just incase.

Now I'm scared shell put them behind the tv stand which has many cords.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I apologize for always complaining and worrying. I caused most of the events that is happening. She probably moved them because i keep visiting to reheat their heat packs and giving momma cat new food. :"( she probably hates that so much.