Pregnant Cat Updated - Fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
4 KITTENS HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFULLY DELIVERED ALONG WITH 4 PLACENTAS. Sadly it was quite loud. My mom invited our neighbors to see. :livid::fuming:

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I interfered quite a lot. I helped clean her children since she was quite slow. I also wlre gloves to move them into a corner where the mom was originally supposed to give birth. I feel like it was wrong to do so(moving them).

Now im just afraid that one can't eat and i wont be able to tell.

Thank you all for the help. I will always update

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No neighbors should have been invited to watch and be noisy. Cats need peace and quiet and privacy to deliver. It is not a carnival sideshow. I’m sorry you could not do anything about that.

It’s not interfering to help mom. She needed it.

Did you move them to a quiet, mostly dark place?

Do make sure all are nursing well, and put mama kitty’s food, water, and litter nearby.

Good all went well!

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No neighbors should have been invited to watch and be noisy. Cats need peace and quiet and privacy to deliver. It is not a carnival sideshow. I’m sorry you could not do anything about that.

Do make sure all are nursing well, and put mama kitty’s food, water, and litter nearby.

Good all went well!
They are located under my desk in my bedroom i used these wire squares and taped them to make a fence. Then i placed an box in there just to make sure the kittens wont get stuck on the holes. (Ill insert a picture so you can see.)
(Taken a few minutes before labor)

And since the bedroom is not always dark. I placed a sleeping bag(DONT ASK XD) over the desk HEHE.

Its usually quiet here because were not always in here.

Now im just worried about keeping them all healthy without vet help. i mean i will totally try to take them if something happens.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 1 question, will it matter what litter the mom uses while nursing? Her litter right now is quite dusty and i dont know if that can affect her babies. Will i be able to leave them on our own for a few hours or no?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Good all went well!
How do i make sure they're all fed??

I think 2-3 have eaten earlier but i dont know about the others.

Also, how long will it take until i can touch them without gloves?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are sleeping right now. All piled up.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Good all went well!

ONE LAST THING. SHE WONT LET ME LEAVE HER WITH HER KITTENS. I WENT TO GET A DRINK AND SHE FOLLOWED ME. WHAT DO I DO?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mama kitty needs reassurance right now. That’s why she follows you. You are her comfort person. She will calm down in the next day or two though, but right now her hormones are in high gear.

I like your setup! It’s excellent!

Yes, they will be fine if you leave for a few hours. Just make sure mama kitty has food and water.

You’ll see all 5 kittens nursing their mom and that will tell you that they are all doing well.

They do not need vet care right now unless something happens.

You do not need gloves to touch the babies.

The litter you have should be okay.

I think I covered your questions! :)

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mama kitty needs reassurance right now. That’s why she follows you. You are her comfort person. She will calm down in the next day or two though, but right now her hormones are in high gear.

I like your setup! It’s excellent!

Yes, they will be fine if you leave for a few hours. Just make sure mama kitty has food and water.

You’ll see all 5 kittens nursing their mom and that will tell you that they are all doing well.

They do not need vet care right now unless something happens.

I think I covered your questions! :)
I saw older posts and i know weighing the kittens is important. We don't have a scale and i dunno when well get one.

Also, the litter! What type is good and safe for both kittens and the mom? (I want to know asap so i have time to buy them.)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens will need non-clumping clay litter when they first train in case they try to eat it, but clumping litter is good for mom right now. You won’t need non-clumping for about a month.

Stock up on kitten chow and wet cat food. Five kittens will eat a lot when they start to wean.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU HAVE L HELPED ME WELL. I WAS SO NERVOUS EARLIER BECAUSE RIGHT WHEN THE FIRST BABY WAS OUT, MY MOM WAS NOT AVAILABLE AND I GOT SO SCARED I CRIED HAHA. IM SO THANKFUL PEOPLE LIKE YOU EXIST.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

They are such the cutest. There are 3 that stood out.

One had no patterns which had all black fur on its face.

One has white legs.

And one, the last one(i cant tell who came first or last because of the people who came and the mom trying to clean each one). BUT THE LAST ONE. ITS PLACENTA WAS NOT OUT YET BUT IT WAS SO STRONG, IT CLIMBED AND PUSHED ANOTHER BABY OFF LOLOLOL.

Over all, they all look strong. I am really glad. :hyper: (ps. She always accidentally lays on one of them its scary)

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for the mom to lay on top of them? I worry because they cry when she does so

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mom doesn’t know any better right now. Pull them out from under her so they don’t suffocate. Soon they will be strong enough to wiggle out, but not yet.