Pregnant cat unsure due date

Catthehousemouse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is her first litter. She has been grooming excessively for about 3 days now . She does nothing but sleep , groom , eat and drink water for like a week . She has been sleeping in her nesting spot I made for over a week . I don’t think she has had discharge or any milk production yet but her teats are big . It also looks like her belly has moved down from her sides cause she was really round now it hangs low . She also has been stretching and rolling around a lot trilling /chirping. I’m kinda confused how far along do u think she is and will she go into labor soon ?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she’s nearing the end, but can’t say for sure. When you begin to see vaginal discharge or the mucus plug you’ll know it could be any day.

Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans? Do not let her outside or around intact males until after she is spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catthehousemouse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like she’s nearing the end, but can’t say for sure. When you begin to see vaginal discharge or the mucus plug you’ll know it could be any day.

Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans? Do not let her outside or around intact males until after she is spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old.
I do plan to get her spayed I was going to but she got pregnant she stays inside we just have a male cat not neutered yet we tried separate rooms but she managed to sneak out a few times (i do have 5 cats total and 3 are spayed and neutered so far ) I also did not mean to end up with this many cats just kinda happened over time lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catthehousemouse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last night I saw a clear yellowish discharge thing come out of her now her belly seems to be moving a bit she seems normal she been drinking eating and using bathroom as normal . She has been grooming a lot and resting. Feel free to ask anything about her pregnancy I’ll tell u I just wanna make sure she’s okay

Last edited by a moderator: