pregnant cat temperature dropped ?

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow thats high even for a non pregnant cat to get up there lol she a little dare devil

catlady33

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok so all day yesterday she was acting excited...and pacing around upstairs, trying to get into drawers, trying to go behind the dresser, etc... and in and out of the nesting box a few times. Her appetite was much less then the previous few days.

Then around 7pm she kept jumping on my bed a laying on my pillow, then jumping off again and going to sit with the dog. Meowing a bit and purring loudly. Around 9 pm she ate a little and then jumped in her nesting box and lay down, purring loudly and rolling around in there. She kept rolling on her back with her legs spread open. Then 9:15 the contractions started, first 2 minutes apart then closer. This went on for a little over an hour before the first kitten arrived.

By the way, she had no discharge or milk all day until the contractions started.

First kitten arrived at around 10:30. Second kitten arrived about 5 minutes later. Then she cleaned them both and rested. No more contractions until about midnight. Then it started all over again, first with contractions about 2 minutes apart, then closer. 3rd kitten born at around 12:30pm and 4th kitten about 5 minutes later. She let out a few loud meows as each kitten emerged, but the rest of the time just purring loudly. No panting or anything like that. After shes finished cleaning them, I cleaned the yucky box and bedding and put clean blanket in there and then I went to sleep. Woke up this morn to meowing happy babies with full bellys. LOL awwwwwwww

All 4 of them look like her, except much darker stripes. Like she is grey tabby...and they are more of a brown tabby. They cute with white faces and markings on the face and white bellys. I dont know the sex yet, I am going to check on them in a bit and take a few photos and I will upload the pics for you.

Hang in there lilkim, yours is next LOL

catlady33

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aww congrats make sure you do tell i dont think smudge is even close haha i found her walking on top of my 4 post bed on a beam i dont even know how she got there is over 2meters high 
lilkim dont be fooled by that. Bella was all over the house yesterday, jumping up everywhere! She was on the beds, the dreassers, in the windows etc... It was like she had way more energy than the entire week before that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeh this is first time ive seen her up there and yesturday she was on top pf my wardrobe dont even know how she got there either haha she has had 2 very loose stools this morning aswell

catlady33

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it's hard to get a good shot right now when they are squirming around and nursing. I'll take better photos later when they fall asleep or mom gets out of the box..LOL

oh and we have 2 boys & 2 girls

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
omg well cute aww cant wait to see what mine look like hehe

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
they are adorable! they look good size kittens! awww 2 weeks seems ages away now :D

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are soooo cute, and momma is beautiful! Looking proud :-) I can't wait till Tiva has hers, the waiting game's really no fun anymore :( lol. I can see the kittens move like wild inside of her as well as feel them roll around very distinctly can feel head/body at certain times depending on positions she's laying. Also, a weird habit she's picked up in the past two day is we will hear her meowing loudly, and we'll follow the calls to find her standing in the bath tub. I REALLY HOPE she's not gonna have 'em in there, i'm kind of wondering if she goes in their because I feed her her wet kitten food on the bathroom floor so the other cats dont eat it, but never in the bath tub. Very strange. But she also has gone in the birthing box i've created her on her own quite a few times now, and she rolls around in there purring very loudly, and she WILL NOT let me pet her in it. Anywhere outside the box is perfectly fine and she particularly likes her belly being scratched in circular motions, but when she's in the birthing box I made her I can pet her for maybe 30 seconds and all of a sudden she'll snap and nip at me. I'm wondering if this is because she's protective of the area because she's planning on having the kits there? Anyways, congratulations catlady!!! Hope we are soon to follow :-) lol

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
any news lilkim and clynn? sasha like a little drowned rat at moment cause crazy cat decided to stay out in the rain.

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
haha yep it raining heavy near me and nope no kittens well the vet said if she hasnt had them by next week to bring her down but she still very playful 

catlady33

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi
 any kitties yet?

here's some more photos . can't wait til they open their eyes

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well cute and still no sign 
  by what the vet said she should of had them by next week but no she likes to keep me waiting her belly near the back of her legs seems more saggy now though 

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
they are so adorable, mummy looks so proud of herself. and so she should be she has done amazingly!

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
UPDATE!!!!! She's having contractions :) I can literally see her vulva dilating during contractions and her back legs shaking. I called into work, and i'll continue updating :)

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
awww yeh my cat pebbels when she had her kittens she coudnt walk right her back legs kept going hehe 

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
right guys ive decided am not coming on here for a few days lolz am i think am going insane waiting for these kittens haha so if you dont here anything you know why but i shall be bk also is she does have the kittens i shall let yahs know 

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow clynn! thats so exciting i cant wait to see pics of the kittens! hope she doin ok.

yea i can imagine goin insane waiting lilkim hope all goes well xx

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
right am back cud not resist posting haha but checked smudge today and when i feel her belly there low and her belly at the bottom is solid does this mean babies soon better be lmao

bellesmom99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone! I just read this entire thread and was so happy to see some baby kitten pictures! I am excited to see the OP's babies too!! 

The day after Valentine's Day a beautiful tortoiseshell girl cat straight up walked into my house like 'Hey guys! I am gonna live here now!' and we kept her. We live on an army base so it's sadly common for people to leave their cats behind when they move. She was obviously a pet of someone's because she is so friendly and everything. We have kept her inside our house since we got her. Well we found out the other day that things were moving around in her stomach and, well, she is about to pop with babies!! Apparently our girl got pregnant before she decided to be our pet! I have never dealt with baby animals before and am so excited and nervous for her! We saw her about a little over a week BEFORE we took her in as she was in our neighbor's backyard being bullied by two other cats but she ran away from us. So we think that is when she must have gotten pregnant. I think she is due like the 10th or something! Eeee so excited!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Welcome Belle!  To the TCS site and our Forums!

I think it is best you do start your own tread.  Copy off this post if you wish.

It is easier to follow each case, than have a mix of cases...   :)

Tx for helping her!

Good luck!

ps.  after everything is done, dont forget to spay her, and if possible, her kittens.  I believe military personal does get accounts from military vets?  / vets cooperating with the military?