pregnant cat temperature dropped ?

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's pretty big. She's normally a very tiny girl so her belly's definitely gotten bigger, like she swallowed a mini football haha. When I first started feeling the movements it just felt like little bubbles so it's quite possible you're feeling movements too and not gas! :) And since Tiva is normally so slender, I probably do have about a week left. She has no sign of colostrum, although I keep checking.

Here's a picture of her I just took actually :)

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aww she is stunning looks very happy. sasha is normally tiny as well its funny how quickly they get so big 

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She can't groom properly at present which is why she has the mats.  You need to gently comb them out, once they have formed she can't get rid of them on her own unless they are tiny - pea-size at a guess.

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She can't groom properly at present which is why she has the mats.  You need to gently comb them out, once they have formed she can't get rid of them on her own unless they are tiny - pea-size at a guess.

thank you. its been a struggle getting them out, have to bribe her with treats as its quite stressfull for her. is there anything i can put on them to make them come out easier so it doesnt take as long for me to help her. ive heard of a comb with little razors on it to help get matts out but cant seem to find them anywahere.

catlady33

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone
  Any kittens yet? Thinking of taking Bella in for an examination this afternoon. I just don't want to cause her any undue stress by putting her in her carrier, and the car ride, and then exposing her to all the commotion at the vet's office like dogs barking, the vet probing her etc...

Today is day 67.

She is not showing any signs of distress. I haven't seen any more discharge and her appetite seems the same (She's been pigging out) No loose stools this morning either.  Just lots of frequent trips to the litter box. Also lots and lots of restless behavior. .pacing the house and meowing more.

But she's also still full of love and purrs when I check on her, and rolling on her back for tons of tummy rubs. I'm just starting to feel really bad for her because she looks real uncomfortable and miserable

anyway, I phoned my vet earlier, and I am waiting for her to call me back. I will let you know more after I talk to the vet.

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well if she not in distress she should be ok unless she past 70 i would think but the vet will know best. try not to worry about her too much im sure she fine, she will be uncomfertable coz there are lots of kittens or big kittens cause she is quite big. let me know what vet says 

catlady33

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks nikki, The vet hasn't called back yet but I think something may be starting. Bella is now following me from room to room. And constantly licking the vulva area. Something's up for sure...I can tell by the way she keeps looking at me. She wont take her eyes off me..haha awwww.

catlady33

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I talked to the vet and I explained everything. She said not to worry, unless she's actually pushing and nothing is happening,  and to bring her in on Monday if labor doesn't start by then. She also said that it sounds like it may be real soon though, from everything I described to her.

so...still waiting...

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would cut down through them with a pair of sharp sissors.  I would use a comb to make sure I can't knick her skin, and look for round-ended sissors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi catlady any news my cat still a no show but phoned the vet today and he said as long as she happy ,eating and drinking and playing there all good signs since she is still playful also he said if she hasnt had them by next weekend then she got to go in 

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
omg just saw a kitten poking out of her belly well cute it looks huge haha proper wriggling away hehe does that mean she close

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@lilkim, i've seen that in Tiva for about 4 days now or so. Hopefully that means they're close and the kittens are big and healthy! A lot of times I can feel the entire head and body of a kitten when she lays on a certain side.

Here's a picture of Tiva today, I swear she doubled in size over night.

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
when is she due i dont know my cats date i know she 9 weeks this week so she due any day now lol

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
also i have felt them for agers now aswell and i dont know if it kittens or little contractions but i can see her belly doing wave motions hehe

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not too sure how far along mine is, i've been able to feel the kittens moving around inside her for over two weeks now, and just in the last 4-5 days have been able to see them kind of pop up on her sides and be able to feel the whole kitten. I've read that usually you can only feel the kittens moving 2-3 weeks before she gives birth so hopefully we have a week or less to go! I'm so anxious and just wanna see their cute little faces and make sure they're healthy and safe.

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
haha i know what you mean i feel like ive been waiting agers any news catlady

catlady33

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
haha hello there...it's 8am here - I'm in the United States

STILL no kittens here...can you believe it? And I do know the date she got preg and I think we are at day 67 now? unless I am crazy..haha..but I did mark it on the calendar, I circled the week of January 23.  And jan 24 and 25 are the days I saw her mating. so waiting, waiting, waiting...

Well Bella has been following me around since yesterday. Also, and I can see a little leaking from the vulva since yesterday. It's mostly clear fluid. Also lots of cleaning, licking at the vulva area and breast. I dont see any milk though but the breasts are real big now.  She is eating small amounts every half hour.

With the kitten movement you can feel little kicks about 3 weeks before labor. Then at 2 weeks before, the movement gets stronger and you can see the moving kittens..... and then during the last week of pregnancy, you can see them rolling around a whole lot, like lilkim said wave motions. And if you feel one with your fingers and try to follow the shape they seem to be about 3 inches in length. Then at the very end, like the last 3 days, the movement slows down. probably because they are cramped in there....it also depends on how many kittens are there I suppose. 3 kittens have more room to move, 4-5 kittens, not so much room.

I thought she was starting labor yesterday when I tried to leave and she cried and cried at me when I was at the front door with my coat on..LOL..she didnt want me to leave. But then....no kittens. She's more excited today than yesterday...going all around the house with me and looking in every corner, and cubby, and closet or whatever is in the room. haha.. come on BELLA!!!!!

Every once in a while her breathing seems slightly faster. This is not like during labor though, where they actually may open the mouth and pant heavily almost like a dog does. Also, you will know the contractions when you see them. You can see her whole belly move, almost like a squeezing motion. It's hard to describe but just look up 'Cat giving birth' on youtube and you'll see what i mean

Last edited:

catlady33

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
also forgot to say the kittens are lower in her body now. not up so much near the chest area but lower in the abdomen...closer to the vulva

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well hopefully we will have some kittens in next few days seem like both our cats are ready but they just like taking there time