Pregnant cat overdue?

HunterXBailey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all first time poster here! Long story short my cat is pregnant or seems to be. She mated on March 17. Then again on April 4. Therein lies my problem because she is either overdue already being it's her 70th day now from March 17 or much earlier in the pregnancy if they had a successful mating by March 17. I have been able to feel the kittens since last week and I read they are only able to be felt 2 weeks prior to the pregnancy which leads me to believe that she might be overdue. She also has slight watery discharge (no color) yesterday so I was really expecting kittens by today. Now I am confused when the labor will be begin as shs acting sleepy all day and shows signs of nesting. She also lost her appetite and is not as voracious as before. Not sure what to do. Cannot bring her to vet right now due to lockdown.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let nature take its course. Since you don't know for sure which day she mated on she may not be due until the first of June. Watery discharge can happen at least a week before delivery, and the kittens will 'drop' into the birth canal and stop moving shortly before birth. She would look smaller too. Bringing a heavily pregnant cat to the vet unless absolutely necessary is not a good thing, it stresses them out too much. As long as she is not hiding, acting distressed, still eating a little and drinking, and using the litter box, just observe her and give her attention, she needs comforting. Please keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HunterXBailey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! She still hasn't had labor but the other day she had soft stool which I also read could be a sign. I can only feel 1 kitten moving but of course I cannot be sure. The kitten is still on the right side though and hasn't gone down and she hasn't dropped yet. Leads me to believe her date of mating is April 4. Her belly is so small it's kind of hard for me to believe she's carrying more than 1 kitten.

HunterXBailey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can anyone describe what it feels like to feel kittens inside the belly of cat? I read something like little flicking jumping beans, very subtle. I not sure about anyone else's experience.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had a lot of pregnant cats and have never felt them move, Of course, most of mine were scared strays who someone dumped and I think you have to have your hand on them quite a while. You will definitely see her drop, then it is close!

HunterXBailey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Starting to see some weird behavior from her for the past few days. She has been carrying around her favorite toys in her mouth which she never does usually. She then makes meows while she does it which are kind of loud and it startles me because she only meows when she is hungry (she's a very quiet cat).

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Starting to see some weird behavior from her for the past few days. She has been carrying around her favorite toys in her mouth which she never does usually. She then makes meows while she does it which are kind of loud and it startles me because she only meows when she is hungry (she's a very quiet cat).
My cat mated March 28th and April 3rd the times where I catch her and him. She shown signs of everything you described but our vet said she still has a few days. Today she’s been eating just as much like every few hours wet food and dry food I only give her a spoonful every couple of hours. She started to follow my husband and meow when he left the house and when she wanted her toy I was taking out the catnip. She’s been rolling on the floor playing with her mouse and meowing something she doesn’t do.

HunterXBailey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat mated March 28th and April 3rd the times where I catch her and him. She shown signs of everything you described but our vet said she still has a few days. Today she’s been eating just as much like every few hours wet food and dry food I only give her a spoonful every couple of hours. She started to follow my husband and meow when he left the house and when she wanted her toy I was taking out the catnip. She’s been rolling on the floor playing with her mouse and meowing something she doesn’t do.
I expect our cats to have similar due dates based on what you said. Also an update, movement seen in the lower abdomen now. I used to be able to feel kicking at her right side. Now the baby bump on her right is gone and she seems smaller than yesterday. Very anxious now!

HunterXBailey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just want to share some pictures of her belly it's hard to tell if this means she dropped since she's a long hair. I also saw some dried white residue on her left nipple in the picture and the right one seems a bit swollen. Is this dried milk?

Attachments

HunterXBailey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
None yet today was day 65. She was hyperactive again with her toy and meowing like crazy this morning which got my hopes up because she was starting to pant heavily right after. Turns out she was just out of breath from the activity. Also her tummy seems to be smaller than before.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
None yet today was day 65. She was hyperactive again with her toy and meowing like crazy this morning which got my hopes up because she was starting to pant heavily right after. Turns out she was just out of breath from the activity. Also her tummy seems to be smaller than before.
The vet I took Emmy too because of some contractions she was having after birth told me sometimes will smaller litters they can cook a little longer because she’ll have more room to grow, Emmy had a large litter for her first real litter. She still has pain not as bad to make her cry out. But both sides of her hair sticks out, when I gently rub her behind and back legs it calms her, she really enjoys me rubbing her when nursing too. Which surprises me.
Your girl might have babies tonight or tomorrow those were Emmy signs she even ate about 10 minutes before her water broke lol. She started licking her mouse heavily the night before she delivered. 😊 Even my hand or legs.

HunterXBailey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just wanted to update everyone. Surprisingly no kittens as of this date and her nipples have regressed to their normal state. Her tummy also lost weight and I can even feel flaps of skin on her lower abdomen. So weird. May have a been a false pregnancy.