Pregnant cat overdue? Updated

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay, babies!

They should gain at least 10 grams a day. If they gain more, that's great, but if they gain less than that for more than one day in a row, that's cause for concern.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow! Big litter. Definitely watch for a runt or two.
Yes I definitely was NOT expecting her to have this many. I did think she was rather large but this was definitely more than I could of imagined. There is 2 that are smaller than the rest (89 and 91 grams) but from what I've read, that's not too bad, is it? Will be supplementing the feedings as needed and rotating them every few hours.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Anything below 90 grams is considered premature birth weight. They are borderline, so really watch them. Are they all latching and nursing?

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anything below 90 grams is considered premature birth weight. They are borderline, so really watch them. Are they all latching and nursing?
As of right now, all are latching and nursing without any issues.

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20200528_223049.jpg

It looks so far like there is 4 spotted and 3 marble.

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here are a few more pictures of mama and babies! Everyone is doing well so far. I have been topping up their feedings as needed with goats milk (sometimes a few of them are still hungry, sometimes all of them are full. Rotating them has been extremely hard as mama wants them all right there with her and theres a few bigger ones that just kinda push their way through.) They have all been gaining weight beautifully. We did have a scare with the runt. Within the first 24 hours, she lost 5 grams and I was super worried. I've just been making sure I give her at least a few mls every few hours and she's been gaining weight properly since!! Mama is doing great, the only thing she has a hard time with is the feeding as there's so many (I still can't believe she had a litter of 8 kittens, with 7 making it!)
I've attached a few pictures to the ad. They are absolutely adorable and little love bugs already. During feeding they've fell asleep on me a few times, it's just so sweet. Our family is so excited to watch these beautiful babies grow! 😻😻😻
20200601_054209.jpg

20200529_135617.jpg

20200529_135122.jpg

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am AMAZED she had that many! Absolutely beautiful! Give that mama a kiss from me......
Thank you! And I will 😊 she's been getting lots of praise and kisses hehe. She did such a good job with labor and now is doing such a great job with her kittens, I am SO proud of her!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good to hear they are doing so well! Excellent job on the supplementing. :)

How is the mister faring? Is he separated?

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good to hear they are doing so well! Excellent job on the supplementing. :)

How is the mister faring? Is he separated?
He's doing great! When we aren't home, he is separated but when we are home we spend time together. He sat with mama all through her labor and he just loves the kittens. After feedings he usually helps her clean all their bottoms. He's still fairly young though so even when we're home, we keep them in the same area as us so we can always monitor. He would never hurt one of the kittens but he's a big boy and doesn't realize his own strength sometimes lol

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Use caution! He should NOT be alone with mom ever. He can impregnate her again any day now.
He's already neutered. Thank you though! I definitely wouldn't of wanted that to happen. He was unfortunately able to impregnate her before he had his appt to be neutered (since he was a rehome and only 4-5 months old, we wanted to give him a little time to settle in at our house and get used to us before bringing him for a surgery like that).

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you going to keep any of the kittens? They are so adorable I would want to keep them all. You and Mama are doing a great job.

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you going to keep any of the kittens? They are so adorable I would want to keep them all. You and Mama are doing a great job.
We are definitely keeping the runt and one other, just not sure which one yet. And our family members are taking the others so we can still see them! Which is amazing. It's definitely going to be hard to give them up though, this is only day 4 and I'm already SOO attached hehe
Also wanted to say thank you. That means alot! 🥰

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neutered males can still impregnant a female up to 2 weeks after being neutered.. I would ensure your female gets spayed asap when the kittens are 8 weeks old and weaned :)

SiameseLuverr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Neutered males can still impregnant a female up to 2 weeks after being neutered.. I would ensure your female gets spayed asap when the kittens are 8 weeks old and weaned :)
Our male has been neutered for well over 2 weeks! Our girl will be getting spayed once the kittens are weaned and its deemed safe for her! Thank you though 😊