Pregnant cat— ongoing questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jadeloveshercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
About 63 days, and that is if you are sure of when she mated. Even at 63 days the kittens can be less than 90 grams, which is considered premature birth weight. Let’s hope she holds the kittens!
Are cats normally sleepy during the last weeks of pregnancy? My girl has been doing nothing but sleeping sense she turned 8 weeks pregnant yesterday.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, like pregnant women at the end stages, they need to rest and sleep. Pregnancy is a huge burden on the body.

Jadeloveshercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
About 63 days, and that is if you are sure of when she mated. Even at 63 days the kittens can be less than 90 grams, which is considered premature birth weight. Let’s hope she holds the kittens!
She is 61 days now and this stuff just came out of her. It’s brown and there was a little bit of pinkish stuff in there too. What does this mean?

Attachments

Jadeloveshercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When will she start to produce milk. She is 63 days along and i suspect she is going into labor later tonight because she has been showing signs. When does milk production start.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Milk can come in before labor or after delivery. It’s different with each cat. The kittens get colostrum the first 24 hours before milk comes in.

Jadeloveshercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is 9 weeks now and I can bearly feel or see the kittens moving. Is this normal? Does it mean she is in labor or something?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kittens are bigger at the end and have less room to move, especially once they move down towards the birth canal. She should go into labor in the next few days.

Jadeloveshercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kittens are bigger at the end and have less room to move, especially once they move down towards the birth canal. She should go into labor in the next few days.
I’m pretty sure she’s in labor now, she seems to be having week contractions

Jadeloveshercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat had her kittens, 6 healthy kittens. She had a pretty easy labor and delivery.. but there’s one problem. Only 3 placentas? The vet said to wait it out but I am still worried.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She most likely ate the other 3 placentas.

Are all kittens latching and nursing well?

Watch for a runt with six kittens!

Jadeloveshercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She most likely ate the other 3 placentas.

Are all kittens latching and nursing well?

Watch for a runt with six kittens!
All nursing and latching! I woke up and one kitten was already there so she might’ve ate the placenta

Jadeloveshercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like all is well! I would not worry. Keep us posted!
Will do! She still hasn’t had her other kitten yet. She’s been having contractions here and there though no kitten showing tho so the kitten wouldn’t be stuck.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she has already had 6 kittens, it’s likely she is done, but is having after-pain contractions, which can last on and off for a day or two, while her uterus heals. She may also spot blood for a week or so. It’s normal.

Give her a dish or two of kitten formula to drink as this will help her breathing and contractions. She needs the extra calcium from now through her nursing days. Do you have kitten formula on hand?

Jadeloveshercat Jadeloveshercat

Last edited:

Jadeloveshercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she has already had 6 kittens, it’s likely she is done, but is having after-pain contractions, which can last on and off for a day or two, while her uterus heals. She may also spot blood for a week or so. It’s normal.

Give her a dish or two of kitten formula to drink as this will help her breathing and contractions. She needs the extra calcium from now through her nursing days. Do you have kitten formula on hand?

Jadeloveshercat Jadeloveshercat
She just had the runt, he is small and skinny but still eating very well and latched immediately! We don’t have kitten formula in hand but I plan on buying some just in case. The runt came out breech. He was in the birth canal for over an hour :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Seven kittens is a lot! Please make sure the runt gets enough milk. Walmart sells powdered PetAg kitten formula.

Jadeloveshercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Seven kittens is a lot! Please make sure the runt gets enough milk. Walmart sells powdered PetAg kitten formula.
I’ll definitely be bottle feeding the kittens a little bit either way, this is mommas first time and I want them to have enough milk.