Pregnant Cat on Day 64

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PearlandBeau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pearl has been very clingy and vocal today. She doesn’t want me to leave the room. I’m praying it’s today or tonight because my husband will be at work tomorrow and I want to make sure I can keep the house quiet for her (4 little ones here) as well as be with her if she needs help, especially because she wants me with her. She is sleeping a lot, but breathing rapidly. Is the rapid breathing anything to be concerned about? I have a video but I don’t think I’m able to post it here.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
She is sleeping a lot, but breathing rapidly. Is the rapid breathing anything to be concerned about? I have a video but I don’t think I’m able to post it here.

You should be able to upload a video on Youtube or some other video sharing service, and share a link :>

PearlandBeau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will keep trying to upload to an external site. But Pearl is now in her nest, losing mucus plug, and licking down there. Still breathing heavy, but very calm.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Best of luck to the to-be mama ;w; I'm sure people more experienced with feline pregnancy will be along soon, but far as I'm aware there's nothing to be concerned about with panting like that in a kitty close to birthing :>

PearlandBeau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is straining. Does that mean she’s really close or can she still strain for a while before birth? I’m just so surprised at how calm she is!

PearlandBeau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has been straining for an hour now. Her water has broken. Is that ok that she has been straining so long without having a kitten yet?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Straining as in trying to push a kitten out, or just heavily laboring?

In your video above she does not appear to be pushing.

PearlandBeau PearlandBeau

PearlandBeau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Straining as in trying to push a kitten out, or just heavily laboring?

In your video above she does not appear to be pushing.
Trying to push one out. It took over an hour but it is here! I can see the next one but she hasn’t started pushing that one out yet. She ate the placenta, cut the cord, and is cleaning away.

Attachments

PearlandBeau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Second one is pretty vocal. Seems cold. Should I do anything? They are both struggling to find her nipples. Anything I should do there? I have a baby/infant scale but I’m not sure that it will work like I thought. Sending my husband out for a digital food scale.

PearlandBeau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So she had her first at 3:37, second at 4:39, and has been resting. Still babies moving though. I have read about the stall out. Hoping it all picks back up soon!

PearlandBeau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still just the two. They are nursing very well now. Weights are 116g and 113g. Small, but feisty and eating very well!

Still feeling movement inside. Hoping she has the others soon.

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
What cuties! Hope she's managed to get the last of them out by now and they're all doing well ^^

PearlandBeau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What cuties! Hope she's managed to get the last of them out by now and they're all doing well ^^
Still has not had the other one(s). She is very calm, babies are nursing beautifully. Already weigh more than when they were born. She has been sleeping. She has eaten. I’m not sure if she has used the litter box yet, but I finally went to sleep so she could have while I was sleeping.

I’m not worried too much, yet, because I had read this can happen. I’m praying it’s soon though or I will be!

PearlandBeau

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Losing mucus and starting to strain again. Praying these round two babies are just as healthy 🙏🏻