Pregnant Cat Keeps Meowing and Hasn’t Eaten Much

haykaw.v2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my cat just got back from the vet a few hours ago, not a lot was said except they estimated that she is going to give birth next week (may 25 *+/- 5 days) based on the kittens’ size. I think the first day of her heat cycle was March 14 but i’m not so sure… Her belly looks somewhat different than yesterday as well. For these past few weeks i have separated her from our other cat and put her in my bedroom with two nests for her, but she isn’t nesting.

As i’m writing this, i’ve noticed she keeps meowing to go out of the room to maybe go upstairs, but it’s such a mess i’m afraid she’s planning to give birth there. She hasn’t eaten as much as she did yesterday despite having both clean water and food and just lays resting on her belly. Why is she meowing? Is she going to give birth this early? Sorry for the numerous grammar errors .

image.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

haykaw.v2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is 3 years and 4 months old btw

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like it could be any day now. Might she just want a break from the room?

Has she had a litter before? Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans?

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe she's looking to do a nest somewhere that has lots of appropriate 'stuff' to do it with, and/or places to make it.

haykaw.v2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
By ”could be any day now” is it perhaps this week? i’m sorry so for looking too far into it

I wanted to get her spayed beforehand but my parents got angry and refused to, unless she gives birth to a second litter. I’ve saved enough money to get her spayed in the meantime! And no, this is her first litter.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
By ”could be any day now” is it perhaps this week? i’m sorry so for looking too far into it

I wanted to get her spayed beforehand but my parents got angry and refused to, unless she gives birth to a second litter. I’ve saved enough money to get her spayed in the meantime! And no, this is her first litter.
What do you mean her belly looks slightly differently today than yesterday? Noticeably bigger? Noticeably smaller?

haykaw.v2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
smaller

haykaw.v2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I heard that KMR is good for pregnant cats. How often and how much should i give some to my cat?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Give her a dish or two a day through her nursing days for the extra calcium she needs.

haykaw.v2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HELP my cat gave birth to 3 healthy kittens but the 4th one is seems too be premature it has no legs. do i just leave it for mama cat to realize?

haykaw.v2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
also i bought one of those miracle nippkles but it keeps slipping from the syringe what do i do about that

haykaw.v2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
their weights are
k#1 - 96.3 g
k#2 - 108.2 g
k#3 - 78.5 g

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
HELP my cat gave birth to 3 healthy kittens but the 4th one is seems too be premature it has no legs. do i just leave it for mama cat to realize?
Online we see sometimes kittens / cats with 2 legs or even without... They seems to manage OK being inside only cats...
So if the kitten is viable otherwise, you can try to fight on... Prematures can often be saved, if owner is vigorous enough.

Otherwise, it is probably most kindly to pts it.
How is momma cat reacting? Mommas often do abandon a kitten they think is a goner. But sometimes she gives it extra attention.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
their weights are
k#1 - 96.3 g
k#2 - 108.2 g
k#3 - 78.5 g
Good weight. The third kitten it would be nice if it had more, but its OK.
Do monitor them, and be sure they gain...

Do they nurse?
You mentioned miracle nipple and syringe...

Why the miracle nipple slips off I dont know... Perhaps you should have a mini-miracle nipple... Or try with another syringe....
Anyway, you can begin the syringe alone... But train on a doll some, its a little tricky not to squirt but let it go dropwise into corner of the mouth.

haykaw.v2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Online we see sometimes kittens / cats with 2 legs or even without... They seems to manage OK being inside only cats...
So if the kitten is viable otherwise, you can try to fight on... Prematures can often be saved, if owner is vigorous enough.

Otherwise, it is probably most kindly to pts it.
How is momma cat reacting? Mommas often do abandon a kitten they think is a goner. But sometimes she gives it extra attention.
the kitten was dead even before it was delivered :(. half of its body looked incomplete and its head was small. no fur

haykaw.v2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good weight. The third kitten it would be nice if it had more, but its OK.
Do monitor them, and be sure they gain...

Do they nurse?
You mentioned miracle nipple and syringe...

Why the miracle nipple slips off I dont know... Perhaps you should have a mini-miracle nipple... Or try with another syringe....
Anyway, you can begin the syringe alone... But train on a doll some, its a little tricky not to squirt but let it go dropwise into corner of the mouth.
how do i know if they are receiving (enough) milk? ive squeezed some of my cat’s nipples but there’s nothing coming out. but they are all latched on for the past hour or so, except for one kitten.

haykaw.v2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i’ve guided that one kitten to the nipple and it seems to be latched on. some nipples are pink some are dull in color, is that normal?

haykaw.v2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
how do i know if they are receiving (enough) milk? ive squeezed some of my cat’s nipples but there’s nothing coming out. but they are all latched on for the past hour or so, except for one kitten.
now that kitten let go of the nipple. it was dull colored. sorry for spamming but
how can i know if kittens are done nursing?

haykaw.v2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
if the kitten stays on the nipple, does that mean theyre getting milk?