Pregnant cat? Input please

DD7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone!
I would really love to know what everyone thinks here... I brought in a stray cat on Jan 11. I had been feeding her for a few days outside and then it was very cold and storming so I brought her in. I realized pretty quickly that I believed she was pregnant. Her nipples were pink and her belly was rounded. She was very thin otherwise. She has been growing and we have believed her to be pregnant this whole time and now we are not sure because she is acting like she is in heat!

For the last 3 or 4 days she is showing all signs of being in heat in addition to clear discharge(No smell) and licking her vulva quite a bit and kind of growling while she is doing it. She is being extremely affectionate to our dog, rubbing on him and doing the butt in the air thing with him. I was sure she was in pre-labor the first day now that it has been days she is throwing us off!

Additional details that may help you decide what you think is going on...

She seems to be very young. When I found her I thought she was 6 months old.

Her nipples are pink but not enlarged.

I treated her for tapeworm about a month ago.

I have felt What seems to be kittens, skull and little elbows or other hard bits.

I have not felt any movement That I can distinguish

I have kept her inside for the last 2 weeks to make sure she didn’t have them outside.

I called the vet to schedule a check up and they said not to stress her out so close to birth as long as she seems healthy and happy.

I guess I am just worried that it may be reaching too long of a pregnancy or that they may be dead - let me know please what you think!!

pics are from finding her up to tonight - my dog definitely has anew best friend!
02AFA99D-FB9A-4569-B5FD-21CF9720B10C.jpeg
999AFBF5-EBEA-4EC1-8679-33A918F84CB8.jpeg
B394B574-C13A-49DE-9652-C506AC104D66.jpeg
FD3E8329-58F3-4564-B071-C53014C9F57D.jpeg
509324DC-C134-452C-B535-2038B8CBEFA8.jpeg

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's not very big, is there any chance she may have been in heat after that January date? It could be worms, etc. bloating her. Although in that last pic with the dog, she definitely looks pregnant. I would just see how things go, if she is pregnant she will have like two kittens, not very many anyway. showing signs of being in heat is puzzling though. Just keep her in for a few more weeks and then think about having her spayed after a vet visit. It's really hard to fathom a cat NOT being pregnant when they are intact, they reproduce quickly! I hope someone can see more then I can, a picture from up above looking down on her back would help too, thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DD7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The last pic is from last night. I have dewormed her, and have been able to feel what I can only assume is at least one kitten in there - just no movement.
She hasn’t been in heat since I brought her in on Jan 11
And yes, definitely will have her spayed once this is all over!
Thank you :)

this is march 6, could I have fattened her up this much in 2 months?
0D070B73-FE93-428C-80F3-A4EBC767AF6D.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks pregnant there too. Just not with very many. It is puzzling though how she can go this long past her due date. ? The vet could do an ultrasound, but I wouldn't want to stress her, either. some cats can deliver up to 71 days after, but she is at that now. I would bring her in next week if you are sure she hasn't been outside since the 11th, if she has, then it COULD be a little longer.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you felt her kittens move at any occasion?

DD7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you felt her kittens move at any occasion?
about a month ago I felt what I thought was movement, kind of felt like a bubbly stomach

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
about a month ago I felt what I thought was movement, kind of felt like a bubbly stomach
If you havent felt more, nor at other occassions, the possibility is big they arent no more. There are several ways, none common but not unique.

As long she is healthy with no visible troubles, wait one week more, and get her spayed after this.

DD7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am interested to know if she ended up having kittens.
She did not! I still believe she was pregnant and reabsorbed them.