Pregnant cat I'm confused

Lealeyc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So until next week I can not go to the vet so just wanted to ask a few questions I have had my baby 4 years now and she was suppose to be done the other people told me she was anyway over the last few week she has become really round and her nipples are sticking out. Last night became very strange and affectionate she kept showing me her private parts a d they were opening and closing is that okay , what going on with that lol x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Has she been outside where intact males could mate with her?

It could be just a heat cycle if bits of ovarian tissue were left behind, or if she truly was not spayed, it could be pregnancy. It’s definitely her hormones in gear though.

Since you thought she was spayed, the only way to know for sure is for the vet to perform an ultrasound or x-ray to see if she is intact or not. If she is intact and pregnant and you do not want kittens, a spay now in early pregnancy would take care of the pregnancy. If she’s pregnant and round she may be halfway by now. Let us know!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lealeyc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She still eating And drinking. She keeps going to the window and back to her nest

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You would need a vet appointment and i'd get it done asap. If it's early on you can get her spayed. If it's just a wormy belly and not feeling well she will get meds.

Lealeyc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't want to get her spayed she will loose her babies

Lealeyc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do not think she would best with worms tho would she

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's been outside for 4 years and was never pregnant before then something else is the problem. The only way to know is to get an xray done, it will show if it's kittens or if she was spayed.