Pregnant Cat - How Far Along????

Joyloveskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 299430 View attachment 299429 View attachment 299428 So about 2 and a half weeks ago, maybe 3 weeks ago, I took in a unspayed female cat from someone who could no longer keep her. She was the only cat they had and she was strictly indoors. I planned to get her spayed. Last week I noticed that her belly was getting bigger, before I noticed her getting bigger I had just thought she was eating too much and was fat but once I noticed her getting bigger pretty much every day I kinda got the idea that she was pregnant. a few days ago when I was petting her I was feeling her stomach and could definitely feel some babies in there squirming around and kicking. I asked the person I got her from if she had been around any males and they said “not that we know of, but she did get outside for a few hours one afternoon when she slipped through the front door.” I took her to the vet yesterday and the vet indeed confirmed that she is in fact pregnant. He’s thinking there’s 3-5 babies. He couldn’t really tell me how far along she is though, so I don’t know when to expect her to deliver. Anyone have any ideas on how far along she is or how long she could have left? The people I got her from don’t remember when she got outside so they couldn’t help me any. I’m absolutely clueless as I’ve never had a pregnant cat. She is nesting a little, her nipples are a little bigger and pinkish but not huge and no milk yet. She also hasn’t really shed any of the hair around her nipples either. But she’s very fluffy so it’s kinda hard for me to tell and she won’t let me look at her stomach for long. No discharge, or any signs of labor so far. :) (Im getting her spayed as soon as the kittens are bigger and weaned!)
post pics of the kitties when you can

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s normal not to feel movement because the kittens are in a tight space once they drop down. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update - still no babies! She’s been a lot more affectionate over the past few days, as well as more playful. She has never really played at all up until now. She did have a bloody stool a couple days ago, should I be concerned about that? She was wormed about 2 weeks ago when I took her into the vets to confirm pregnancy so I don’t think it could be worms?

This is her yesterday, she’s getting fatter by the day :lol: momma is getting more uncomfortable so hopefully it’s not too much longer!

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update - still no babies! She’s been a lot more affectionate over the past few days, as well as more playful. She has never really played at all up until now. She did have a bloody stool a couple days ago, should I be concerned about that? She was wormed about 2 weeks ago when I took her into the vets to confirm pregnancy so I don’t think it could be worms?

This is her yesterday, she’s getting fatter by the day :lol: momma is getting more uncomfortable so hopefully it’s not too much longer!
She is beautiful ♥

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, prissy has been showing some really weird signs the last few days and I want to hear your thoughts and opinions on it. So starting on Tuesday (the 24th) she has been acting like she’s in heat. She doesn’t act like this all day long and she only acts like it for about 10-15 minutes once or twice a day. she will throw her butt up in the air and move her tail to the side and she will meow loudly a few times. Is this normal for a pregnant cat? I’m not sure if it might mean potential labor soon or if it’s her hormones are running wild or something. I know for a fact that she is indeed pregnant, my vet confirmed it weeks ago and I still feel the kittens being active and moving and kicking in her stomach. Does anyone have any experience with a pregnant cat acting like she’s in heat?

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update - still no babies. I don’t know how to feel anymore. I don’t know if she’s pregnant or not, I kinda have a feeling she’s not. I would take her to the vet for ultrasound or x-Ray but I don’t want to stress her out, she hates being held down or forced to hold still, I don’t want to stress her out when it’s unnecessary. Maybe the vet was wrong when he palpated her and said pregnant and maybe I’m crazy for thinking I feel something in there, but still to this day I still think I feel “babies” moving in there. I’m going to give her 2-3 more weeks just incase she is pregnant and then if she doesn’t have babies she will be scheduled to be spayed. I’ve had her for 6 weeks (7 weeks this weekend) and still no babies. If she was pregnant I thought she would’ve had them already because I’ve had her for so long and I’ve been feeling “babies” moving since about September 7th so over 3 weeks now. Maybe she got pregnant a few days to maybe a week or so before I got her so maybe she was only 3-4 weeks pregnant when I took her to the vet (September 9th was the vet appointment) making her not due yet. she definitely didn’t get pregnant after I got her, she hasn’t been outside, I do have 1 other cat who is a male but he’s neutered so no baby making happened here. I just don’t know what to think anymore.

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For reference: I first felt movement in in my kitty's abdomen on September 10th. We are still waiting for labor over here. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since then. Can you post a pic of her belly currently?

Attachments

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your girl is so beautiful! I hope she has a smooth and easy delivery and I hope all the babies are healthy! This is prissy’s belly currently, 1 picture was taken earlier today and 1 was taken just a few minutes ago. She has gotten bigger over the last few weeks, she definitely wasn’t this far when I got her. She was nesting but hasn’t done it as much lately and she does has a white and clear colored liquid coming from her nipples, the liquid is not leaking from them but comes out when I give them a light squeeze. I don’t squeeze them for very long or do it often but she’s had the liquid since the 12th.

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Prissy is a doll! Can't wait to see what her babies look like! I think our girls must have conceived around the same time.
This waiting is for the birds!!

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Prissy has white liquid leaking out of a few of her nipples now and most of the others have a white crust on them. The liquid used to be clear so I’m assuming she is producing milk now. Hopefully not too long now!!

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Prissy is a doll! Can't wait to see what her babies look like! I think our girls must have conceived around the same time.
This waiting is for the birds!!
Any babies from your cutie yet?!

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
still no babies! she sure is helping me practice and get better with my patience lol! :lol: she has been nesting a few times since yesterday and she hasn't done that in weeks so hopefully were getting closer!

amynurse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
still no babies! she sure is helping me practice and get better with my patience lol! :lol: she has been nesting a few times since yesterday and she hasn't done that in weeks so hopefully were getting closer!
Prissy certainly is living up to her name, lol!
Karen is HUGE, and acting more restless than usual. Maybe tonight is the night...

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On the 18th it will 63 days since I’ve had her at my house and still no babies! I’m guessing she got pregnant right before I got her. I’m giving her until the 25th since that would make her 70 days of living at my house and then she is going to the vet or should I take her in before then? I just really don’t want to stress her out.