Pregnant Cat - How Far Along????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I have a question. Prissy is passing blood in her poop. She has done it twice today. Her poop isnt runny like diarrhea but it is soft. The blood is directly on top of the poop. It’s not a whole lot but I still wanted to ask if it was normal? Any ideas?

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot to mention that She also has thrown up a few times. Could this maybe mean labor could be soon?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s quite possible. It could also mean that she ate something that is disagreeing with her tummy. Has she eaten anything unusual?

If she continues vomiting, she may need sub-q fluids or an anti-emitic. You can give her clear unflavored pedialyte instead of water in her bowl in the meantime.

Keep an eye on her.

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s quite possible. It could also mean that she ate something that is disagreeing with her tummy. Has she eaten anything unusual?

If she continues vomiting, she may need sub-q fluids or an anti-emitic. You can give her clear unflavored pedialyte instead of water in her bowl in the meantime.

Keep an eye on her.
She hasn’t ate anything other than her normal cat food. She’s really picky about what she eats so I don’t see her eating anything she wasn’t supposed to. She threw up twice, the last time was almost 5 hours ago. She hasn’t thrown up since then, hopefully she won’t throw up anymore but if she does it anymore tonight or tomorrow I definitely will take her into the vets.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She should be okay then. Like you said, it may be her system getting ready for labor and delivery. Keep us posted! :)

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no babies! Here’s a new picture, she’s a lot bigger now, so far there has been no signs of labor or labor approaching. She did have some kind of discharge last Wednesday but it wasnt much, I think it might’ve been the mucous plug but I’m not positive on that, other than that she has just been doing some nesting here and there. I’m hoping she delivers sometime before Friday. I’m going out of town Friday morning and will be gone all weekend and really want to be here for the delivery. Someone will be checking on her a few times a day all weekend but I’m still nervous. I have a camera waiting to be installed in the room she’s been staying in so I can keep an eye on her throughout the weekend as well. She’s kinda concerning me that she hasn’t had them yet. I know for a fact that she didn’t mate here. If she doesn’t have the kittens by next Tuesday then she will be going to the vets since that would be 74-75 days since arriving at my house and still no delivery.

Also, no more throwing up but she did have a little bit of blood in her stool today but nothing like it was yesterday, it was just a very tiny amount today.
87A646CC-430E-42E9-998A-218EACA9CF65.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Leave the name, number, and address for your vet AND an emergency vet with the person who will be checking on her just in case. You can always use a bank card over the phone to pay.

I’m guessing it’s not quite time yet. It’s so hard when we don’t know conception dates.

If the bloody stool continues she may need a round of metronidazole eventually.

We’re waiting with you! :)

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I didn’t even think to leave the information just Incase! I just wrote all the info on the care sheet that I’m leaving for the house sitter!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Be sure to let the caregiver know what to look for as well - excessive vomiting or diarrhea, water breaking, pushing during labor for more than an hour with no success, etc. Just in case since she’s close!

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Be sure to let the caregiver know what to look for as well - excessive vomiting or diarrhea, water breaking, pushing during labor for more than an hour with no success, etc. Just in case since she’s close!
I definitely will let them know!

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m finally home from my weekend trip and prissy is still just as pregnant as when I left. But I did learn something new today that I wish I would’ve known since the beginning of her pregnancy because I have been so concerned that she was going overdue. My husband confessed that when we first got prissy that he accidentally let prissy slip under his legs and get outside. He said she got out early in the morning and he didnt find her until later that day. he said he doesn’t remember exactly what day she got out but it was the first few weeks that we had her so I’m guessing thats when she conceived. I’m guessing she was around 2 weeks pregnant when I took her to the vet so she should be due any day now. She’s been doing some nesting today so hopefully not too much longer.

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a feeling that prissy is getting close. She’s been nesting a lot tonight and has been scratching inside pretty much all of the nesting boxes I have out for her. She’s trying her hardest to hide, she tried to hide under my dresser and she even tried to hide in a stack of clean laundry that I had on top of my dresser. She is also following me around and won’t let me leave her sight. I haven’t noticed any contractions, but I’m not sure what they look like though. Also No discharge that I’ve noticed. Hopefully poor momma goes soon

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Poor gal. It’s not easy. Can you give her a nest in a closet for privacy? That’s what I did and my cat loved it. I kept the door ajar, and of course I could open it and go in, but she really appreciated it.

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So update.. Prissy had a vet appointment this morning. She was seen at the same clinic as normal but was seen by a different vet since her normal vet is out of town. The vet palpated her and said that he didn’t feel any kittens at all, just a normal stomach and uterus. He said that there’s a good possibility that she was pregnant but lost them early on or absorbed them. He offered to give her an x-day to be sure but I declined because she hates being held down and I don’t want to stress her out when unnecessary. She’s been scheduled to get spayed next month, she has to wait a few weeks because they’re so backed up in surgeries. All this time I thought I was feeling the babies move and kick but I must be crazy :stars: