Pregnant cat body change?

CatEars

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My friend recently found and adopted a very attractive feral cat. When my friend took her to get fixed, she found out that her cat was pregnant!

She wants her cat to become a show cat and a possible model cat. There’s nothing she can do about the pregnancy but she is worried her cat will change physically and won’t be a successful show cat. She’s really upset about this. Her cat is around 1 year old.

Do cat bodies change after giving birth? If so, how much and for how long?

Thank you! :)

Note: Your answers won’t result in getting my friend’s new cat kicked back to the curb. She intends to keep her cat no matter what. :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Having a litter won't change the cat's body shape at all. The best thing to do is get the cat spayed about 4 weeks after giving birth, so she doesn't risk getting pregnant again. Going through heat cycles and having kittens increase her chances of getting cancer or other serious conditions.

I'm not sure what you mean by show cat or model cat. Usually pedigree cats are entered into shows. There are classes for Best Pet where domestic short or long hairs of no particular breed are entered. Personality counts as much as looks do, so if your friend has adopted a feral cat she might not be suitable for showing. The crowds and noise might terrify her.

Maybe your friend could start taking lots of photos of the cat and then create an instagram account for her. That way even if she is very shy everyone will still be able to see how pretty she is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatEars

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Having a litter won't change the cat's body shape at all. The best thing to do is get the cat spayed about 4 weeks after giving birth, so she doesn't risk getting pregnant again. Going through heat cycles and having kittens increase her chances of getting cancer or other serious conditions.

I'm not sure what you mean by show cat or model cat. Usually pedigree cats are entered into shows. There are classes for Best Pet where domestic short or long hairs of no particular breed are entered. Personality counts as much as looks do, so if your friend has adopted a feral cat she might not be suitable for showing. The crowds and noise might terrify her.

Maybe your friend could start taking lots of photos of the cat and then create an instagram account for her. That way even if she is very shy everyone will still be able to see how pretty she is.
Thank you so much for that info! I meant show/model cat as in a cat that is famous on social media. Sorry for the confusion. :p

anticus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Plus since the cat if feral the vet will clip her ear and then she wouldn't even be accepted into competition. We are hoping Pumpkin will tame a bit after her kittens so we can get her fixed without an ear clip. I don't want those perfect ears touched. :)