Pregnant cat bleeding without noticeable contractions

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. I have a 65 day pregnant cat and she has been spotting since early this morning. She has already lost her mucus plug but she is not having any noticeable contractions. The veterinary hospital is currently closed because it is the weekend (as if emergencies don't happen on the weekend). I just wanted to get some other opinions.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First it was very little, but it is starting to increase and I am getting worried. I have attended births before and it was always much lighter than this...

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The only reason why I am worried is that she has not had any contractions yet (that we can see)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Difficult to say much. Its of course worrying. Some spotting is common, sometimes even with living blood. I do always worry in such cases, but typically the owner reports afterwards there was no more complications. But more than a few drops IS worrying and even alarming. Can you find a vet whom is answering telephone questions? For telephone questions it doesnt need to be one nearby you.

British Girls British Girls

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Difficult to say much. Its of course worrying. Some spotting is common, sometimes even with living blood. I do always worry in such cases, but typically the owner reports afterwards there was no more complications. But more than a few drops IS worrying and even alarming. Can you find a vet whom is answering telephone questions? For telephone questions it doesnt need to be one nearby you.

British Girls British Girls
For some reason, I can't get in contact with my vet. She looks pretty uncomfortable which makes me think that she is having contractions and that she is in the first stage of labor as her breathing will quicken. The blood in the photo looks darker than what it actually is. It is more so of a pinkish color. She is still spotting, but it is dime sized and watery which is good. Right now she is just sleeping and gets up and lays back down and what not. I am hoping that it is just prelabor and not any problems. Keep us in your prayers. I will try and get in contact with one of the online vets.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some spotting is normal. as long as you think it is watery, that is good. Active labor brings on restlessness. As long as she doesn't seem distressed, everything is normal. Sleeping is good. She may yowl with the first strong contraction, but you should see that one. Pacing and not quitting, crying nonstop are not good. For now, just keep an eye on her and keep trying that vet.

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was able to call my vet, and took a photo of what was going on. He said that it is still a normal amount. I am so relieved :cheerleader:I guess I am just a worry wart!

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some spotting is normal. as long as you think it is watery, that is good. Active labor brings on restlessness. As long as she doesn't seem distressed, everything is normal. Sleeping is good. She may yowl with the first strong contraction, but you should see that one. Pacing and not quitting, crying nonstop are not good. For now, just keep an eye on her and keep trying that vet.
Yeah. She doesn't seem distressed. I just tend to worry a lot when it comes to my fur babies!