Pregnant cat bleeding from vulva

Ajgore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all! I have a pregnant cat. I’m not sure how many days she is but it’s been more than 60. She has been showing signs of labor since yesterday. Last night around 11 she had a sack of fluids come out that burst but there are still no kittens nor any visible contractions. However for the past few hours she has been lightly bleeding from her vulva. The kittens are still moving. Do I need to be concerned or take her to the vet or is this just what happens prior to birth? This is her second litter but for her first she had while I was not home. Thanks!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you have access to a vet, whom is answering on phone? If so, best you phone and ask.

What is a lightly bleeding? red colored discharge is common, perhaps even a few spots of red. But bleeding is always alarming.

Has she dropped? Ie suddenly seems less big and the kittens moves less? If so, the delivery should be near. And with a little luck it may be fairly normal.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She definitely needs to see a vet. This is not normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ajgore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just called the vet. The said that she’s probably going into labor and wait until this evening and if she hasn’t progressed to take her to the emergency vet.