Pregnant Cat And Four Week Old Kittens

melontine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m fostering two four week old kittens and also a pregnant cat of no relation. They’re in the same room, and recently have both been given free reign. The kittens are based in a playpen and the cat in her own crate.
The two kittens I’ve had here since they were a week old, bottle feeding them and they’ve done very well and are both healthy.
The cat Scully got here a week ago. She is very friendly and affectionate. She goes up and licks the kittens from time to time, showing no sign of aggression or anything. Her own kittens should be due soon, probably within the next week or two.
What happens then? Will she become aggresive towards the two and attack to defend her own litter? Will they be fine?
My original plan was to keep them separated, then later it changed to keep them apart when scully is close to labor and for a few days-a week after and reintroduce then carefully. Or maybe I should move the kittens now and keep them apart for the rest of the time they’re here?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Keep them all together until mom goes into labor.

Mom will have her plate full after her kittens arrive and she will need privacy, so separate the kittens from mom at that point.